September 17, 2014

Paula Deen's Getting Sued, Y'all

by Danny Gallagher, posted Mar 23rd 2010 6:45PM
Paula DeenShe may seem like America's sweet, down home cooking mama, but at least one grumpy Gus out there sees her as Tony Soprano's mother, at least if you read the lawsuit filed against her and her company.

Celebrity Chef Tours filed a $40 million lawsuit against the TV cook and her sons for what appears to be a breach of contract dispute.

Apparently, she was supposed to go on a 10-city tour but the promoter claims she pulled the plug on it at the last minute. The promoter also took issue with some of the "language" she used in her promotional videos, claiming they were loaded with "profanity and sexual innuendo." Did one of her tour stops include a visit to Russell Simmons' "Def Cooking Jam"?

[via Fark]

Sharon

I USE TO WATCH PAULAS PROGRAM IN THE VERY BEGINNING. NOW THAT I WORK OUT AND WATCH WHAT I EAT AND FEEL SO MUCH BETTER I WONDER HOW PAULA EVER GOT ON A COOKING SHOW , SHE IS ALWAYS STUFFING HER FACE, COOKS WITH NOTHING BUT BUTTER AND I MEAN LBS. OF BUTTER ANONG OTHER THINGS.................. DOES SHE CARE ABOUT PEOPLES HEALTH OR
' JUST MONEY & FAME............................. TO LOOK AT HER SONS. THEY ARE FOLLOWING HER FOOTSTEPS IN OBESITY AND STUFFING THY MOUTH..............................

April 19 2011 at 9:30 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mizbeetle

I can't believe people are saying such mean things about Paula and her sons.They are such nice people.Maybe some people should get a life of there own.Instead of attacking innocent people.You are just jealous of there success.You keep doing what you are doing Paula jamie and bobby.Best wishes from my kitchen to yours sue

June 10 2010 at 8:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Celebrity Chef Fan

Paula Deen has admitted what was alleged against her! In pleadings filed in court on April 5th by her lawyers in response to the $40 million counter-claim against her by promoter Celebrity Chefs Tour, LLC, Paula Deen has admitted that her agent never signed the contract that would have allowed the money for her appearances to be sent to him as an escrow agent. She has also admitted that she issued the defamatory statements that Celebrity Chefs Tour alleged. Finally, she now admits that she was wired $100,000 from the promoter.

April 07 2010 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mitzi

Can't stand Paula's sons. They ARE NOT COOKS OR CHEFS and the only reason they are on the show is because they are momma boys--TALK ABOUT NEPOTISM!

April 06 2010 at 2:41 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
teri

I should add that these were comments I read from people who attended these cooking appearances. They weren't too happy that there was so little cooking going on and mostly just raunchy talk from Paula. Some tried to get their money back because they felt it wasn't what it was publicized to be. They did like Paula before they saw this side of her.

March 24 2010 at 3:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
teri

I've read that she is very different at the "cooking" appearances she makes. Talking about her poo and other nasty things, letting her pants fall down on stage, sexual and profane, with very little cooking going on.

March 24 2010 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandra Breneman

I love Paula Deen and the boys. I watch her all the time never heard her say anything bad, she teases and has fun, I think she is a great southern lady. What happened to having fun anymore and being happy. I would love to meet her and her family one day, in fact I would be proud to say I knew her and she was a friend,

March 23 2010 at 10:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
andy

its about time someone nails the dean family. they are trash with trash mouths.

March 23 2010 at 8:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to andy's comment
Wobs

Whoa, andy. Watch those innuendos, buddy...

March 23 2010 at 8:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Earl Turner

I would like to know where and when you heard profanity from Paula or the boys. She gets a little feisty around men sometimes, but I have never heard any thing really bad from her.

March 23 2010 at 9:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply