December 19, 2014

Are You Going To Watch 'V' When it Returns Tomorrow?

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 29th 2010 2:10PM
VI have a feeling that there's only room for one so-so rated sci-fi-ish type show on ABC's schedule, either 'FlashForward' or 'V.' I'm more into 'FlashForward' (though many people aren't, if you look at the ratings). It has gotten a lot better and I'm just more interested in the mystery on that show than I am a show about aliens invading Earth and characters being stupid about it.

'V' left the airwaves for a while (just like 'FlashForward') and it returns tomorrow at 10. Are you going to watch it?

Are you going to watch 'V' when it returns tomorrow?
Yes. I really like it.992 (57.6%)
No. I saw the first few episodes but now I've lost interest.379 (22.0%)
No. I didn't watch the first few episodes either.351 (20.4%)

jffm

Option F. I won't be watching, but I'll throw a Spider Tracer on it and see if it builds any buzz; the same thing I did early on with Fringe, which paid off nicely.

I thought the writing in the first set of episodes was mediocre to bad, the character of the FBI agent's son was obnoxious beyond words and overall it lacked any excitement or tension.

March 30 2010 at 6:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

Option E here - I'll be DVRing it until I have time to catch up with the pre-break episodes I haven't watched yet.

March 29 2010 at 7:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
daniel

I watched the first half of the season one sitting back 2 back 2 back....it was ok like that so I guess i'll watch the second half the same way till the season finale which I'll watch in realtime. Maybe I'll watch it like that. If I dont no big loss for me because it wasnt that great to begin with.

March 29 2010 at 5:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adrian

I liked the first four episodes, and will tune in once again. The 5 or so month break was an idiotic move by ABC. It might have worked for FlashForward because it already established itself (as crap), but no one was able to get a good handle on V before ABC took it off the air.

Anyways, V is going to have a nice lead in with Lost, that should help it.

March 29 2010 at 4:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
EbonyDad

I am with Option D as well. I will probably watch two more episodes to see if I still with it. Better yet, I will DVR two more episodes, and if it hasn't been canceled by the third week, I might invest in watching the show.

March 29 2010 at 4:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kindred20002

I'll be watching but they need to improve on the storyline. the original waited until the last episode of the mini-series to announce to us that they were alien reptiles and I think that this reimaged series should have done the same. Leave us with not only that but the fact that there are numerous ships approaching Earth and that would have been show stopper! I'd also like for them to bring back some of the original cast in newer roles which will undoubtedly bring back some of the fans from the 80's. I heard that they reached out to Jane Badler (Diana) from the original so hope that comes to past with her either being Anna's leader or the Supreme Leader or the head of a resistance cell.

I for one will be sticking with it but ABC better make it worth it or else I'll find another place for my time - say Melrose Place - they have hotter than ever Heather Locklear!

March 29 2010 at 3:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

Remember the saying "Third Times A Charm"? Well this the exception to the rule. It was mildly amusing the first time. Hey I got an idea, lets wait another 5 years and remake the series "V" again. The networks have no imagination.

March 29 2010 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

If only for the awesome Elizabeth Mitchell and Morena Baccarin, then yes yes yes.

March 29 2010 at 3:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

Option D. I don't think 4 hours is enough to tell whether I "really like it". I'm still interested enough to keep watching a few more, although this month-long break after so few episodes is a horrible idea.

March 29 2010 at 3:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard

Option D - however, if there are other shows on at same time that fill my DVR (2 others), then forget it.

March 29 2010 at 3:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply