November 23, 2014

CBS Has No Faith in 'Miami Medical'

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 30th 2010 4:01PM
Miami MedicalYou've probably seen the commercials for CBS' new medical drama 'Miami Medical.' That's the medical drama that isn't 'Three Rivers' and has The Rollings Stones' "19th Nervous Breakdown" as the promo theme.

It premieres this Friday at 10PM, which pretty much means CBS cares about it as much as viewers are going to care about it, which is probably not very much (for the most part nowadays, Friday nights = death). The Hollywood Reporter thinks the same thing, and even says the show is "dead on arrival."

It stars Jeremy Northam as a mysterious doctor in charge of a medical facility in Miami, North Dakota. Just kidding! It's actually the one in Florida.

He heads a team of talented renegades, including Mike Vogel and Lana Parrilla, who have to handle tough cases and tough personal lives. Andre Braugher is also in it (in the first episode anyway), playing a stressed-out surgeon.

'Miami Medical' is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, but I'm not sure if a bunch of expensive explosions can save the show in the long run. With so many medical shows coming and going and more on the way this fall (and ones like 'Trauma' which has also had expensive episodes and stunts) and CBS putting this on at 10PM on a night a lot of people don't watch television, there's no way we'll see this on the fall schedule.

Mona C

sorry to say that show was one to miss. maimi medical. please go away.

April 05 2010 at 4:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeanc

This show will not make it. It is very dull. The directing was elementary, actors: forgettable. Story lines? Compared to House, ER, St. Elsewhere and heck the 70's show Medical Center - this does not even come close. Bring on a similar show to Numb3rs, or do Numb3rs again with a different cast. The cast (Other than the Charlie Character) were all very replaceable. (Sorry Rob M. I like you but the scripts were so well done, any good actor could do this role.)

April 05 2010 at 4:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sharon

This is an excellent show,,,it shows how it really is in a trauma unit,,,such as military,,,it shows how it affects staff and the injured....not bad for a show that supposed to suck...

April 05 2010 at 7:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jenuine Healing

I remember the trailers for this. unfortanutely, they chose interactions wheer the situations were forced and badly acted. It never made me want to watch it. I get sad when a poorly executed show makes it onto prime time. I think that viewers are smarter than that. I am relieved that they didn't buy into it. Please try again.

April 01 2010 at 5:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beth

Wait a minute---is Numb3rs gone forever?? What happened?? I watch the reruns every night and love that show! I can't believe what they get rid of and the crap they keep.
BRING BACK NUMB3RS!!!

April 01 2010 at 5:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandy

Hey CBS. What happened to "Flashpoint"? That was my original Friday night. Does anyone know if "Flashpoint" will return.

April 01 2010 at 4:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandy

I don't go out on Friday nights. I had my fun years ago. Now I stay home and I will check this new show out. As long as it sticks to a "medical" environment and not any bed hopping, this may be a fit for me.

April 01 2010 at 4:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike

morons at cbs numbers needs to come back i will not watch anything on cbs at 9 pm on fridays

April 01 2010 at 3:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris comisar

yes, it is a dog, if it was funny or informative, that would kick up the ratings, but for now, it is a Bow wow! TOO close to CSI, all science, no suspense!

April 01 2010 at 2:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ciara

We need another medical show like I need my appendix taken out. Who wants to watch people suffering in hospitals on television. Isn't real life sad enough sometimes?

April 01 2010 at 2:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply