July 26, 2014

More Casting News: Tyler Labine to CBS, Neal McDonough Replaced by 'JAG' Star

by Bob Sassone, posted Mar 30th 2010 3:06PM
LabineI caught up with 'Sons of Tucson' the other day, and you know what? It's pretty funny! The ratings aren't that great though, which is probably one of the reasons Tyler Labine has joined the pilot of a new CBS sitcom (that's him on the right riding over to CBS to sign the contract).

Labine will stay on 'Sons of Tucson' if FOX renews it. The new show is called 'True Love' and it's about four friends who live in New York (God, that a really generic description but shows aren't about plots it's about the writing). Everyone must love Labine because he has been offered this role more than once (he turned it down because 'Sons of Tucson' hadn't premiered yet). 'True Love' will also star Jason Biggs and Minka Kelly.

In other casting news, former 'JAG' star David James Elliott has replaced Neal McDonough in the pilot for ABC's 'Scoundrels.' We told you last month about this show, a "dramedy" starring Virginia Madsen as a mom who heads a family of crooks who decides to go straight after her husband is sent to jail. McDonough was going to play the husband but now he's out and Elliott is in.

Curtis

KJDINS

March 31 2010 at 1:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DARREN

well i miss Reaper 2..its 2 bad they xcelled it..and good luck 2 david james elliot..i watch JAG all the time..love the show..i can relate i served in the us navy for 7 yrs 85-92..anyhow i wish they would bring back Reaper..it was kul..and the girl that played in it was HOT! i think it was called the lunchbox..im not sure???
a fan from south fl

March 30 2010 at 11:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elizabeth King

I am still watching dvds of Jag episodes-by all means I'll watch Elliot in anything he plays. Just have him on aat the same time as NCIS- Gibbs

March 30 2010 at 10:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lita

I still haven't quite forgiven Fox for canceling "Reaper" in which Labine co-starred. It was imaginative, funny, and certainly like nothing else on TV. I have retained one episode on my DVR....

March 30 2010 at 10:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to lita's comment
Christine

Reaper was on the CW, not Fox. That said, I loved that show and also thought it was canceled prematurely. Tyler Labine was the main draw for me - I think this guy is hilarious. But I canceled my 'season pass' halfway through the first episode of 'Sons of Tucson' - it was unbearably bad. Here's hoping this CBS pilot will give TL some better material to work with.

March 30 2010 at 11:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LizDeal

I will certainly watch with David James Elliott.....

March 30 2010 at 10:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to LizDeal's comment
Gerry

David James Elliott is my true love!

March 31 2010 at 2:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lily

I was looking forward to seeing Neal in Scoundrels, but I won't watch it now.

March 30 2010 at 3:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply