September 2, 2014

Sheen Leaving 'Two and a Half Men?'

by Brad Trechak, posted Apr 1st 2010 6:34PM
Charlie SheenThis is only at the rumor stage, but if it's true then it's a pretty big story. People.com is saying that Charlie Sheen is quietly telling his friends that he won't be returning to 'Two and a Half Men' after this season.

Given his high profile addiction and marital problems, this move is not an entire surprise. However, 'Two and a Half Men' still remains a ratings powerhouse and Sheen is one of the centerpieces (if not the centerpiece) of it. On the other hand, it would be a better idea for the show to go out on top. CBS has 'The Big Bang Theory' waiting in the wings to take its place on Monday nights.

So what do you think? Would Charlie be nuts to give up one of the highest rated comedies on television or should he just take some time off from the spotlight and concentrate on his personal problems? And what would a show without him look like?

Gustavo

I'been reading all sorts of stories regarding this show and of Mr. Charlie "pay me 2 million Dlls per show or I'll quite" Sheen and to be honest I am tired of it.
Some guy in other site even dare saying "the best sitcom ever" (two and a half) WHAT? I mean is kind of funny (not to me is not) for some audience out there, but maybe is about time to fold the tents and call it a day, and shame on Charlie sheen's attitude, who the heck he think he is? I mean he did some good movies back in the.. what 80s or 90s? but what about recent stuff? nada. Well it just gets me going when someone is making almost a cool mil per show, and still complaining all the way to the bank, so just let's say bye Charlie and good luck.
Thanks

April 11 2010 at 11:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Thor

It's not an april fool's joke...my mother saw it on the t.v., and he said 'no comment' to the question 'are you leaving TAAHM?' I mean, it could have been spliced, but...

April 03 2010 at 6:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
moorejjbb

I think Ryan Stiles is underused in this program. A possible work-around could bring him forward as the substitute "man" and there could be some ex-husband/current-husband stuff both trying to deal with Jake.

But I agree, Sheen's character is the central element and they might as well cancel it if he quits.

April 02 2010 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wulfn1

Wow,
Apparently not an april fools prank?.. news covered this issue this morning.

April 02 2010 at 11:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
E Burns

I will miss the show,but I understand charlies postion.7 years for a sitcom is great.angus is so talented,watching him grow has been a treat.john is also very talented.and barta,well, what can anyone say,she delivers the lines with perfect timing.then rose,a bit scary,but lovable.can't forget evilen,ijust love her.THANKS TO ALL OF YOU EARL.

April 02 2010 at 5:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Guess Who

Regardless to what People magazine says - Charlie isn't going anywhere. 2.5 Men is a cash cow for everyone involved (above the line) so unless Sheen actually goes to jail for a few years, CBS will pony up more money to keep him.

April 02 2010 at 3:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony DIMeo

they should just cancel it

April 02 2010 at 12:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John From Raleigh

I feel for Charlie.... Clearly he has some demons working against him. He has had so much success in Hollywood yet at the same time, something from his personal life seems to make him tabloid fodder.

I enjoy 2 1/2 men, I don't think it is a great show and it won't stand the test of time but it is an easy way to kill 30 minutes. I think rather then quit, Charlie should take an extended vacation, maybe 1 year. Work on his personal life. Then comeback and do a 10-15 episode final season to wrap up the loose ends.

Although, I would assume he could walk away right now and have enough money to keep him happy for the rest of his life....

Good Luck Charlie.... (I am sure he is reading the comment section of this site...)

April 01 2010 at 11:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wulfn1

considering the show is literally about Sheen's character and his interactions with one and a half other "men", I would probably consider this an april fools joke. One of the more believable ones , if you are looking at his recent woes, but still, sounds like this one isn't quite whole cloth..

April 01 2010 at 9:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply