November 22, 2014

'Burn Notice' and 'Royal Pains' Return to USA in June

by Rich Keller, posted Apr 3rd 2010 11:13AM
Burn Notice and Royal Pains return in June
While most viewers glaze over at the amount of dreck major networks spew out during the warmer months, fans of USA Network's original series vibrate in anticipation for the return of the favorite programs.

And why not? USA is doing what its big brother NBC hasn't been able to do: create character-driven programs that mix humor with drama, all wrapped up in a nicely written script. Not only do fans have a right to be excited, but the network can crow a bit itself. As it will do in June when two of its most popular shows return.

On Thursday, June 3rd, 'Burn Notice' and 'Royal Pains' return to the schedule with all new episodes. For 'Royal Pains', which debuts at 9PM ET., it will be the sophomore season. At 10PM ET. 'Burn Notice' begins its fourth season, ranking it the second-longest running show behind 'Psych' (not including 'Law & Order: Criminal Intent', which originally ran on NBC).

When these shows return look for some new cast members. On 'Royal Pains' Henry Winkler will take on the role of Hank and Evan's father. 'Burn Notice' will introduce two new characters: Coby Bell, who will play a spy that comes in contact with Michael and the gang and stays in Miami (who wouldn't?), and Robert Wisdom, who will play the season's baddie.

If this isn't enough for you, then stick around--'White Collar' and 'Psych' return to the schedule in July.

Ipsilon

"'Burn Notice' begins its fourth season, ranking it the second-longest running show behind 'Psych...'"

Are you only counting shows that are still on the air? 'Dead Zone' and 'Monk' both ran much longer than Pysch has, so far.

April 05 2010 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

It continues to amaze me that NBC hasn't learned how to develop good TV shows while USA and SyFy crank them out all year. NBC finds an occasional gem like Chuck but they have to be talked in to bringing it back year after year. Maybe the NBC exec should be fired and let the USA programming director take over.

April 03 2010 at 10:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Chris's comment
Malfoy Roark

Not making excuses for NBC but I'm pretty sure NBC has to create shows that will get a larger market than USA. By that I mean (w/o seeing USA's viewer numbers) I'd be willing to guess that their top show doesn't beat out the top shows of the CBS/NBC/ABC/Fox channels and those shows that it does beat out probably get cancelled shortly after. USA can dare to be more creative because they don't have to get the 'everyone' the big 4 have to get. It pays off because they have been on a roll making quality product but its quality product most of the tv viewing world probably doesn't know of.

April 04 2010 at 11:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordon Werner

Isn't Eureka coming back in June or July as well (yea SyFy isn't USA ... but it is a sister NBC network)

April 03 2010 at 12:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erroneous_nick

I'm excited about the start of all these shows on USA Network, which I rank as one of my favorite networks on the channel lineup. I didn't think I would until it ended, but I miss "Monk" now. Maybe USA could do 2-3 "Monk" movies a year? I know most people are probably tired of it and not all that sad to see it go and I thought I was one of them until now.

April 03 2010 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply