July 23, 2014

'Bones'' 100th Episode - An Early Look

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Apr 6th 2010 2:03PM
Bones 100th Cake
Mark your calendars 'Bones' fans, the show will air its 100th episode on April 8! To celebrate this milestone, the cast and crew, as you can see from the picture above, celebrated and the network ensured medias would cover this very special episode by sending a press kit our way.

Shows go out of their way to offer us extra special episodes when they turn milestones such as 100. Can't wait for April 8 to get the dish on this fantastic episode? Here comes my preview!

Spoilers ahead!

I've been reading fan comments these past weeks to various posts made about the series' 100th episode, titled 'The Parts in the Sum of the Whole,' and I can tell you expectations are sky high. You'll be happy to know that the episode delivers the goods. However, the last scene may receive mixed reactions from fans.

The episode takes us back the first case Brennan and Booth's worked on together; you know, the one way before the case shown in the pilot episode? The duo recount their first case together to Sweets as he made a huge mistake in his book on Booth and Brennan's partnership.

As expected, the show is mainly set in the past. In the flashbacks, Booth is a young and rebellious FBI agent who still has issues with gambling, Brennan is... Brennan but even with less emotions and compassion, Angela is a street artist who is brought on the case, and Cam is a NY coroner who points Booth in the right direction. As a fan of the buddy relationship Hodgins and Zach had in the past, I particularly liked this episode as it explained how the two came to be a duo and why/how they started to do experiments. Caroline also makes her way in the flashbacks. Sweets remains in the present.

The "past" case of the week is an excuse to tackle the real issue at hand: the feelings Booth and Brennan have or don't have towards one another. As I was watching the episode, I couldn't help myself but think what my answer would be to the question "Do I want Booth and Brennan to be a couple at this stage of the series or not?" You'll have to watch to make your own decision and see what the writers have cooked up for us.

No matter if you are a Booth/Brennan shipper or not, you'll love this milestone episode as it's filled with show mythology and brings Zach back to the fold... even if it's only for an episode.

The 100th episode will air on April 8 so mark your calendars as it is a must-see episode. After it airs, come back to here to read my review and post your comments.

s rogan

I couldn't sleep, I was so depressed at how empty Brennan comes across, she can't open her heart to Booth, how shallow is that.

April 09 2010 at 7:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to s rogan's comment
Stella

You've made Bones a shell of a person, no feelings, no emotions, nothing. Get some sense guys. You've built her and Booth up all season than then WHAM, you've let us down. I'm ready to say bye, bye. What a build up, but what a greater let down.

April 09 2010 at 11:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marie

Love the show.....but wish they would bring Zach back. He was one of the best characters on the show. Since he didn't really kill anybody, can't they have him get released from jail and come back to work at the Jeffersonian? I don't know why they ever took him off the show in the first place. I DO like Sweets and think he should still be on the show, but I'd like it even better if they brought Zach back. The banter between him and Hodgins was great. Does anyone else miss Zach? BRING ZACH BACK!!

April 08 2010 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Marie's comment
Stella

I agree I would love to see Zach come back. It seems they are changing the "crew" a little to much for my liking. Once they start that lit loses a lot. Not so much camraderie any more. And Leave Booth and Bones alone. You guys messed with Angela and Jack. I'm really tempted to stop watching. But it would be great to see Zach and Jack together with their banter. I agree whole heartedly.

April 09 2010 at 11:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zoidbert

Agreed. I'm only just discovering the series and just saw the ep where Zach is revealed as the killer (or at least involvement in the crime). That whole episode was a mess. I'm having a hard time convincing myself to watch the rest of the run because of his departure.

BTW, if it hasn't been established, someone needs to peg Richard Dreyfuss to play Hodgins' dad.

April 19 2010 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alice

This is one of the best shows on tv. Brennan and Booth are teriffic together. I tape every show but some of them are just showing just a little bit too much detail. I can't understand why this show has never been nominated for an award and especially Brennan and Booth.

April 08 2010 at 10:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Drippan

When you stated that fans would be split about should they or shouldn't they be together, is this because of what took place in the past? Do you think HH is trying to use what took place 6 years ago to maintain the UST between B&B?

The way I feel is that people and circumstances have changed over the last six years. Brennan is the one who mentioned entropy last year.

IMO, HH has lost alot of his creative way of thinking since S4. His stale tactics are becoming more unrealistic and stupid. I'm giving him to the end of the season to see if he actually 'grows a set'.

April 07 2010 at 9:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wulfn1

Maybe they'll explain how "king of the lab" came about too.

Hoping Booth/Brennan don't actually hook up, but would be nice to at least acknowledge their relationship is more than partners.

April 06 2010 at 8:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply