Spoilers Anonymous: 'True Blood,' 'Sons of Anarchy,' The Vampire Diaries' and More
by Jane Boursaw, posted Apr 10th 2010 10:00AM
This is Spoilers Anonymous, a weekly column here at TV Squad where we supply you with the dirt on some of the more popular shows on the air. We'll never put spoilers up here on the main page in order to help the reformed stay unspoiled. If you have anything to add to the group, feel free to step up and let yourself be heard, either with our tips form or by emailing us at tvsquad at gmail dot com, or call and leave a message at (775) 640-8479. Your anonymity is guaranteed, if you wish to remain as such.
This week we have spoilers for: 'Sons of Anarchy,' 'White Collar,' 'The Vampire Diaries,' 'True Blood,' 'The Tudors,' 'Gossip Girl,' 'Life Unexpected,' 'Castle,' 'Law & Order: SVU,' 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Lost,' and 'Ugly Betty.'
'Sons of Anarchy'
- The third season, debuting in the fall of 2010, will find star-crossed lovers Jax and Tara reeling from the trauma of season two. "They're both struggling with who they are as a couple," says series creator Kurt Sutter. "It's made them both take a step back. It was a reality check, and it will impact everything they do throughout the season." Also, Paula Malcolmson from 'Caprica' is joining the cast for eight episodes. Her character's name is Maureen, and she's based in Belfast. [Source: The Ausiello Files]
'Law & Order: SVU'
- On the April 28 episode, 'Law & Order' vet Sam Waterston will make a rare visit as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy, when 'SVU' special guest star Sharon Stone's Jo Marlowe makes a major faux pas. Though Waterston appeared on 'SVU' from his 'L&O' office in 2000 and 2007, 'SVU' executive producer Neal Baer says, "For the first time in 'Law & Order: SVU's' eleven year history, Sam will show up in the 'SVU' squad room." It's also the first time Waterston has worked with Chris Meloni. [Source: Keck's Exclusives]
- Executive producer Sheila Lawrence reveals about this week's finale: "Every character ends up in a good place - this is 'Ugly Betty,' after all. Amanda has a question answered that's been looming since season two, Justin has a dream come true, and Wilhelmina quite possibly has the happiest ending of all." [Source: The Ausiello Files]
- Have we seen the last of Kate? Creator Jeff Eastin says no. "We want to do an episode where we see the first time Peter actually caught Neal. So we flash back and we see that and we see Neal meeting Kate. So, no, you haven't seen the last of Kate, at least because we're coming back to the past." He also teased a bit about season two: "[Neal's] two focuses will really be finding out who blew up the plane and what secret the box holds. The box leads to a much bigger mystery, so the box, we'll be done with pretty quickly, but the mystery it holds will continue on through season two." [Source: Korbi TV]
- The season four premiere on Sunday will focus on the drama stirred up by Henry's new teenage bride, Katherine. In episodes two and three, Katherine's bitter feud with Princess Mary intensifies, and a torrid affair commences between two characters. [Source: The Ausiello Files]
- Taylor Momsen, a.k.a. Jenny Humphrey, will be missing in action when the series returns next season. A source close to the CW show confirms that Little J will be absent for an unspecified number of episodes at the beginning of next season due to "creative" reasons. [Source: The Ausiello Files]
'The Vampire Diaries'
- Will we see more of VD's resident werewolf Tyler? He's been absent since that full moon eons ago. Executive producer Kevin Williamson thinks it's "more interesting to keep [his inner werewolf] hidden or suppressed, and instead play out his aggression and daddy issues and things that are associated with a wolf without making him a wolf." Williamson's biggest concern is making sure the special effects are just right. "That takes careful preparation and a lot of money and some testing. We're working on it now to figure out what we can do that won't just look stupid. And they have to still be sexy, because, let's face it, we cast these beautiful people for a reason." Also, bad-boy vamp Ian Somerhalder predicts that Team Damon will experience a surge in popularity as the season winds down, as Stefan "isn't all goodie-two-shoes hero-boy." (Patting self on back, as I predicted that in last week's review). [Source: The Ausiello Files]
- Any chance Gran might be back? "There's a chance," executive producer Alan Ball told EW.com's Tim Stack. "I don't think she's gonna come back and go like, 'Oh, you know what? I'm not dead!' But she certainly can appear in flashbacks or in visions, or perhaps there's a different reality that someone might go into." Hmmm ... a different reality ... [Source: The Ausiello Files]
- Is it smooth sailing for Derek and Meredith? Patrick Dempsey says, "There will be some relationships that end and go away, and some new ones that begin ... So far, Meredith and Derek have been good this year, but something will happen, I'm sure, before the end of the season ... I think Derek is really wanting to have a baby with Meredith, and a proper wedding, too!" [Source: Watch With Kristin]
- Mandy Moore will guest star on the two-hour 'Grey's' finale May 20. Details are being kept under wraps, but a show rep confirms that Moore will be playing Dr. Bailey's patient, Mary. Also that she's married to Ryan Devlin, ex-'Veronica Mars' and 'Big Shots' actor who's been cast as her husband Bill. [Source: Watch With Kristin, The Ausiello Files]
- Kelly Carlson from 'Nip/Tuck' appears in Monday's episode as an actress whom Beckett suspects is sleeping with Castle just to get a role in the Nikki Heat movie. We actually do get to see them sleep together, and Beckett gets jealous. Oh, why don't those two crazy kids just get together and get it over with? [Source: The Ausiello Files]
- The 'Lost' finale pre-show on May 23 has been extended to two hours. That brings the 'Lost' finale-night programming to a whopping five full hours. [Source: Watch With Kristin]
- Next month, Ben will find himself in an unlikely romance. "It comes out of nowhere," says one insider, declining to reveal whether Cupid strikes Ben on the island or in the "sideways" world. "I don't think anyone will see it coming." [Source: The Ausiello Files]
- Kris Polaha, resident stud on 'Life Unexpected,' offers a few finale teasers: "In the finale, somebody dies, somebody is born. Seriously, someone does die and someone is born, and one era ends as a new era begins." [Source: Watch With Kristin]