November 23, 2014

Drinking and 3D TV Don't Mix

by Brad Trechak, posted Apr 15th 2010 1:03PM
3D TVSamsung is distributing a new warning label on its 3D televisions: if a person watches it while in an intoxicated state, there is a danger of that person going into seizures as well as a host of other health problems. This poses serious problems for anybody hoping to have a Super Bowl party utilizing a 3D television. In addition, the warning suggests against watching by the elderly or expecting.

Samsung also recommends keeping such televisions away from "open stairwells, cables, balconies" and other places or things you could trip over. Admittedly, I don't know anybody who keeps their television near a stairwell or balcony, but it could happen. Cables, on the other hand, are ubiquitous for almost every home entertainment system, so that poses a risk for anybody watching a program while drunk.

Other health risks of 3D include nausea, dizziness and strokes. I have the same risks anytime I watch Fox News. I must make note that should I ever get a 3D television, I should not watch Fox News while intoxicated. That would get messy.

Will

I see a million lawsuits in the near future. And I agree with the first comment, I don't get why anyone would want this. 3-D as a novelty for a movie, once in a while, maybe, but for TV all the time? Why?

April 15 2010 at 4:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
George

The biggest risk of all is that if you actually purchase a 3D TV at early adopter prices, Samsung will sell your personal info to the company that owns that Holy Grail of direct marketing lists, the People Who'll Buy Anything list. You won't realize it until months from now when you're sitting in your new 100% Green timeshare, checking your iPad to see if you paid too much money for your new Tesla... Then BAM! Self-awareness.

April 15 2010 at 2:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JD

One of the main warnings, no one under six should watch at all.

And to help you out, I'll fill your home with TV's to watch Fox News, I'll put one near the stairs, window, bathtub fireplace, stove. You name it.

3D is just another way for TV and movie studio's to juice up crap and get more of everyone's money. Not happening with me.

April 15 2010 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Arclight

Wow, you cannot even cover a stupid story like this without making a lefty jab at half of your readers.

We're not all commies boys.

April 15 2010 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
somebody2006

I hate the 3D trend, it gets me dizzy and nauseous without being drunk. Watching tv should not be an amusement park ride, Pregnant women and the elderly?

April 15 2010 at 1:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply