October 23, 2014

NBC Tweaks Summer Schedule

by Rich Keller, posted Apr 22nd 2010 8:00AM
Original episodes of 'Minute to Win It' begin on July 7thNBC is making some last-minute tweaks to its summer schedule, The Wrap is reporting.

Though not totally confirmed, network programming executives have decided to make Thursday nights all-comedy with additional episodes of 'The Office' and 'Parks and Recreation' in the 10PM hour. Some say this is a sign of more scripted comedies down the line, like the new anthology 'Love Bits'. In addition, recently renewed dramedy 'Parenthood' will begin to air at 8PM on Saturdays.

The other tweak involves 'Minute to Win It.' The network will air original episodes Wednesdays at 8PM, beginning Jul. 7 (as a lead-in to 'America's Got Talent'). If that works, NBC may add a second airing in August -- 9PM on Mondays. Executives need to be careful with this one, as viewers can easily burn out on multiple, weekly viewings of a show (the 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' effect), which will make the show's renewal dead on impact.

Preston

They need to run Minute to Win it only TWO times a week. That's why the ratings are solid. More than two will kill the show and the ratings will crash 50 to 60 percent due to overkill!

April 28 2010 at 1:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brownsu243

Well, I know one television station I will NOT be watching this summer!! Thank God for cable television and Netflix!!

April 22 2010 at 7:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lawrence fishberg

any network that has the nerve to put vacuous, repulsive junk like The Today Show on the air, deserves to lose it's viewership immediately.

April 22 2010 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rich

law and order criminal intent N.B.C great show

April 22 2010 at 5:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to rich's comment
Nancy

You're right. Law and Order: Criminal Intent is the best although I do like the original, too. They can run the two every night of the week if I had my way new or repeats!

April 22 2010 at 7:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
virgie

I really like Parenthood. I am glad to know it will be around another season.

April 22 2010 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shannonm93@hotmail.com

I could be wrong, but I think they're just moving "Parenthood" to Saturday for the summer and that they'll just be re-running the first season and these won't be new episodes. I see nothing wrong with that (I'm assuming they'll move it back during the week next fall).

Also, "Parenthood" was originally supposed to be an 8 o'clock show (back when it was originally scheduled to start last fall before Maura Tierney was forced to drop out due to her diagnosis of breast cancer and was then moved to mid-season). If NBC had not axed "The Jay Leno Show" it still would have aired at either 8 or 9 pm.

April 22 2010 at 4:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rich Keller

Susan, I don't think it matters if the show is moved to Saturdays during the summer because they are reruns. Since the show has been renewed it will end up back on the weekday schedule during the 2010-11 lineup. And, think of it this way...NBC needs all the scripted shows it can right now. I think 'Parenthood' is safe for at least another season.

April 22 2010 at 3:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

Wait, so my new favorite show Parenthood will be sent to the TV death night Saturday? Also, how is this an 8 pm show?

April 22 2010 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dad

NBC will be Shuffling Off soon

April 22 2010 at 2:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rich Keller

Looks like repeats will move to Saturday over the summer. It's all still up in the air.

April 22 2010 at 1:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply