November 22, 2014

'River Monsters' Host Jeremy Wade Talks Killer Fish

by Kelly Woo, posted Apr 22nd 2010 4:30PM
Jeremy Wade, River MonstersSomething fishy is going on at Animal Planet. Something killer fishy.

In the second season of 'River Monsters' premieres Sun., April 25 at 10PM ET, host Jeremy Wade continues his search for the world's largest, weirdest and most dangerous fish.

The extreme angler and biologist travels across the globe, from Texas to the Congo, and wrestles with monsters like the ferocious Goliath tigerfish, the venemous freshwater stingray and the predatory giant snakehead.

Wade stopped by AOL TV's office to chat about his killer fish adventures and where he'd like to go next.

[Follow @kellyaoltv on Twitter]

STEPHANIE

I am unable to watch this show. Where are these fish? I WANT TO AVOID THEM. I guess I will not fish in the bayou's anymore. Good God I have see some big fish but not with teeth like that.

April 25 2010 at 9:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hondo551

That's no fish! That's my first mother-in-law!

April 25 2010 at 7:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
richard fusilier

In La., they have a prison on the shores of the Mississippi. No longer does any inmate try to escape, because its sure death with the giant Catfish that swallow them whole . There is a dogfood factory nearby dumping in the river and the eating fish grow inordinately large and they can swallow a man easily.

April 25 2010 at 7:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
diamondlotus

I am not into fishing myself per se, though the kind of fishing this guy goes out for is awesome and the show is really interesting, it also doesn't hurt that he is pretty hot!

April 25 2010 at 7:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike Bowen

Jeremy has one of the best shows on TV. I can't wait to see this season's monsters. Good fishing Jeremy.

April 25 2010 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
warmhrt195

I just want to know where he caught this fish!!....lol, hope it wasn't in the US

April 25 2010 at 6:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
domenick

I think next time AOL should put a working mic during future interviews. I hardly heard Jeremy Wade talk. Had to really increase the volume to max.

April 25 2010 at 5:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
thesby tolbert

good eating if you can eat him before he eats you!

April 25 2010 at 5:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
N8turesGrrrl

What kind of fish is this again?

April 25 2010 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to N8turesGrrrl's comment
Bubba

The kind your mother should have warned you about.

April 25 2010 at 5:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

Meijige doesn't exist. It's likely someone working for an east European mob. Malware, worms, credit card scams, etc. The stilted phrases and awkward syntax are giveaways.

April 25 2010 at 5:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply