October 24, 2014

'Chuck' May Get Renewed After All, Claims Source

by Brad Trechak, posted Apr 23rd 2010 2:45PM
ChuckTo quote Professor Farnsworth, "Good news, everyone!" It's looking likely that 'Chuck' will be getting another season on NBC, according to the Ausiello Files, although no official word has been sent to the press as of yet.

This is comforting news, as ratings for its current season haven't been stellar, despite the excellent pseudo-season finale, which was written before its six-episode extension was commissioned. Our own Joel Keller has an excellent interview here on TV Squad with 'Chuck' co-creator Chris Fedak about "Season 3.2."

While the previous episode had (spoiler alert!) Chuck and Sarah hooking up at the end, it does make one wonder where the series could go from that point onward. After all, that seemed to be the point of the series since the first episode. The good news is that we're going to find out when the first of six new episodes begin airing on Monday.

tana green

It's a cute show but a little short on plots - they just keep using the same one over and over.

April 30 2010 at 1:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
k stein

I love this show. Funny and endearing characters wit great fight scenes. More Chuck please.

April 25 2010 at 8:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heri

We need more of Chuck. Best show ever that I have ever seen. When I see chuck, it's movie night. I don't understand why the ratings are low. Are people crazy? This show has everything from action, comedy, romance, and mystery. Besides, look at all the hot women that it shows. What show gives you all that. NBC, open your eyes. Don't let Jay Leno humiliate you again.

April 25 2010 at 5:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ben

I'm not surprise that NBC is going to renew Chuck it's a good show I don't always watch it I watch it sometimes. Chuck you can get into even if you didn't always watch EP I don't think the plot ever changes that much even if they have a long story plot there is always new missions in each new EP.

April 25 2010 at 2:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Ben's comment
1019

Each episode/arc has its own missions, but the series as a whole has changed more than almost any on TV. It's a completely and totally new show from what it was two seasons ago in a ton of ways, but it still has the same heart. And best of all: Those changes are for the BETTER!

This is also a perfect time to get into the show, because it's just taken another drastic turn (towards even more fun!).

Beyond any of that though, the main attraction is that it has the most talented cast on TV today in terms of straight acting ability and chemistry.

April 27 2010 at 8:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anna

i really like chuck i was looking forward every monday night when it was on cant wait till it comes back on

April 25 2010 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MYRA

CHUCK is one of the best TV shows! I look forward to it each Monday night! please do not take it away, we lost allmost all the really good shows and I love how Chuck the main character has evolved since day one!

April 25 2010 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mar

Keep Chuck! Keep Chuck! Did you know Zac sings? Check this out!!!

April 25 2010 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eggster

I love this show & I desperately want it to come back, but I am frustrated because NBC has consistently made 2 fatal mistakes:

1.) They have consistently put it up against an 800 lb gorilla like 'HOUSE'. Give the show a different time slot!

2.) They have repeatedly failed to rerun the WHOLE series during the break. 'CHUCK' has long story arcs - how can the show acquire new viewers if they are never given the opportunity to catch up?!?!

April 25 2010 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ralphgmiami

I compare Chuck to Pink Floyd. Pink Floyd came out with A Saucerful of Secrets, Ummagumma, and Meddle but they were a great band not everyone heard about. Then came Dark Side of the Moon and the band was appreciated. It's just a matter of time before Chuck becomes a TV icon. It's just that good.

April 25 2010 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stam

No, No, No, Please don't renew it!

April 25 2010 at 12:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply