July 29, 2014

Dylan Bruno to Guest on 'NCIS'

by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 26th 2010 9:54AM
Dylan BrunoGet ready for a CBS crossover event -- well, sort of.

According to TV Guide, Dylan Bruno will guest on the last two episodes of 'NCIS' this season. Bruno, who played Colby Granger on 'Numb3rs,' will be playing a military man connected with the Gibbs' nemesis Colonel Merton Bell (Robert Patrick).

For more details and SPOILERS, such as they are, follow the jump.
The Bell character heads up a professional army -- a pseudo Blackwater -- armed with veterans who are happy to be part of his mercenary corps. Dylan Bruno is going to be one of Bell's minions, Lt. Jason Paul Dean. Dean's an ex-Army Ranger who had received medals for his feats of courage and heroism. Then something went wrong in Afghanistan and he was dishonorably discharged. Presumably that's left a bad taste in his mouth and his bitter. He's also ready, willing and extremely able to take part in Colonel Bell's private war games. He's a stone-cold killer when put to the test.

As mentioned, Gibbs has dueled with Bell a few times this season. And Allison Hart, Rena Sofer's character, has a definite link to Bell; she was the attorney representing one of Bell's soldiers in a previous episode. Since then, Hart has remained in contact with Gibbs and there's something brewing between them.

However, in typical 'NCIS' fashion, if Jethro and Allison are more than friends -- and they flirt like they might be -- the producers have yet to show it to us. The fly in the ointment for their romance, of course, is whether Gibbs can trust her or not. Gibbs is the kind of man who's been burned enough times that he doesn't trust easily, and he's still never really gotten over losing his first wife, Shannon, and their daughter, Kelly.

What can we expect from Lt. Dean? Hard to say, based on the limited information. But according to what producers recently told Entertainment Weekly, Gibbs "has to make a devastating choice to save his team." Does Dean take aim at Tony or McGee or Ziva, forcing Gibbs to sacrifice himself to protect his people? That would seem highly probable.

Mark this in your calendar: the 'NCIS' season finale airs Tue., May 25 at 8PM.

MIKE ZVIRBLIS

I'D LIKE TO SEE FRANK CADY ON NCIS AS SAM DRUCKER!

April 27 2010 at 2:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Martin

It IS a GREAT show!!!
While I would miss Gibbs, as long as they don't mess with ABBY I will still watch faithfully, even in the reruns that they have almost every day.

Abby is the greatest !!!
Love her.

April 27 2010 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
EM ELLINS

IF THEY KILL OFF GIBBS, THEY KILL OFF THE SHOW.

April 27 2010 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol Welch

Hate to see the NCIS season end but I can always watch reruns. Just DON'T break up the team. All are perfect for the part and they are like a family

April 27 2010 at 12:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gonzodive

Whatever happened to Colonel Mann? I thought she and Jethro had something great going - then she disappeared...

April 27 2010 at 11:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to gonzodive's comment
goob6266

If you blinked during one episode you missed it about Col. Mann. They never really said anything but there was a scene where Jenny was reading a military newspaper and it showed a headline about Col. Mann retiring and moving to Hawaii. I loved her character and wish she would come back. I cannot stand Ms Hart!

April 27 2010 at 12:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marcyshamb

I stopped watching NCIS when they rewrote the Mossad and Israel and Davids role as evil and David having to reject her father, Israel and join the USA.

I am an American, and I love Israel and the Jews and this
good verses evil, Israel verses the USA turn of events turned my stomach. Whats going on with the writers? Or is it the producers? Don't like the path the writers have chosen pollitically and culturally. Won't watch that series again.

April 27 2010 at 10:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ken

what i would like to see is for the writers to make a few episodes bringing back some of the characters from "J>A>G>". namely harmon rabb and that bunch from the program "ncis" spun off of.

April 27 2010 at 9:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to ken's comment
Ernest

The producers are going to put our butts on the edge of our seats again. Not many shows I watch regulary but this is one I try my best not to miss. Whatever the outcome, it will be outstanding in acting, writing, and plot. May many more episodes come your way cast and crew. Excellent show.

April 27 2010 at 6:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Ernest's comment
Dorianna

I have to totally agree with you this one of the all time greatest shows on the air these days!!! My only complaint is that they have never one the awards that are well deserved to them Maybe this year will be there year we all should start a petition for them :)

April 27 2010 at 8:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply