July 22, 2014

'Legend of the Seeker' Canceled

by Mike Moody, posted Apr 26th 2010 2:45PM
legend of the seekerSorry, 'Legend of the Seeker' fans. The syndicated fantasy show couldn't cast a spell over enough viewers to earn a third season, as the Ausiello Files is reporting that Sam Raimi's swashbuckling series has been canceled.

'Seeker' was having a tough time pulling in decent numbers for local stations associated with its distributor, Tribune Stations Group. Apparently, not even a steamy girl-on-girl kiss between 'Buffy' alum Charisma Carpenter and hottie Tabrett Bethell could generate enough interest to keep the show alive. A number of Tribune stations dropped 'Seeker' last month, and the networks have shown no interest in picking it up, leading to its cancellation.

Now is not a great time for action-oriented cult TV shows. With 'Seeker' on the chopping block and last year's cancellation of 'Stargate Atlantis,' it seems like the tube is being scrubbed clean of light, fun, geek-friendly series. It's definitely not the '90s anymore, when shows like Raimi and Robert Tapert's 'Hercules' and 'Xena' could go for six seasons. Let's hope one of the better action-packed shows to debut this year, Fox's 'Human Target,' can beat the current trend.

Jason Michael

I am soooooooooo pissed off.....i agree with most of you. especially casyle. They didnt market this AMAZING show. I never seen it being advertised, which is why i am now catching up with all of it via netflix........and i cannot believe that their is only 2 seasons. This is absolutely hands down the best show i have ever seen and ive already watched all the episodes and im dying for more. I just find it VERY hard to believe that this show isnt profitable. I know that if it were displayed everywhere and commercials all the time and reruns of it that once people caught on they would love it, i mean come on whats not to love. This could have been an amazing long running show if handled right, but whoever had control over it ruined an incredible experience for us all. Sam Raimi should be pissed to because i love all his work, and this was his best so far, and his vision was destroyed. PLEASE BRING OUR SHOW BACK. (with the EXACT same cast) they were incredible, all of them.

March 24 2011 at 2:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ian

That is a good show. seeker and lost is all I kept up on. some bloggers make it sound like I should read the books. thanks to bloggers I read the mistborn trilogy. damn good read. p.s kalan and kala are hot

May 30 2010 at 11:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
michelle

noooooooo!!! >.

May 26 2010 at 10:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Casyle

Tribune has nobody to blame but themselves, they didn't market the show. People had to ask on sites like Ask.com just to find out WHEN it was on! Around here it was on ONCE at ONE particular time, and if you missed it tough, you had to wait until next Sunday at that same time. We could never find any re-runs.

May 24 2010 at 5:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lyssa

They come up with great shows that you can watch in all ages. And than as soon as we all like them they take them away. I was actually going to invest in cable or dish again but now I dont think I will. I really hope they reconsider the cancel. Because you don't have good shows to look forward to. Its all drama and realitie tv.

RIP all the good shows: Jag, Touch by an angel, charmed, xena, hercules, Dark angel, stargate, farscape, Dr. Quinn, Highlander and all the other great shows families use to watch befor and after dinner every week.

May 10 2010 at 3:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KenC

Shame all the way around. The show never got a fair shake in the South Florida or Georgia markets. It was always on at some ungodly hour or day. Then, IMHO, it strayed so far from the source material that I was disappointed.

May 03 2010 at 12:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sherie

This is a really good show lets you escape for a while . Please ......

May 01 2010 at 9:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anna Johnson

It is just like the networks, to cancel of fun show like "Legend of the Seeker" from a series of well read books and continue showing a day time soap opera. Grief, soap operas! Too bad, "Seeker" was fun.

May 01 2010 at 9:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kmst4pets

I'm a TV addict,, what I cannot watch I put on the dvr and watch it later. I hardly ever watch NBC anymore when they took my shows off and networks do not end a show wright,, they leave us all up in the air on what happens to our people, you know I like to read too. books have good endings. some new shows are OK,, there are over 450,000,000 TV watchers how come only about 3000 are asked what they like ???????

April 30 2010 at 1:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
corey

well come on dumb asses, putting on the show at 5 pm on a saturday is a dum idea, trying putting it on a week night.....

April 30 2010 at 10:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply