September 15, 2014

ABC Family Confirms: '10 Things I Hate About You' Canceled

by Andrew Scott, posted Apr 29th 2010 4:37PM

Executive producer Carter Covington broke the news today on Twitter, saying, "Sad news ... ABCFamily canceled the show :( Thanks 2 our AMAZING fans - U R the reason I do this! Enjoy the last 5 eps - they're fantastic!"

ABC Family later confirmed the news to AOL Television, saying, "This will be the last five episodes."10 Things I Hate About YouABC Family has pulled the plug on '10 Things I Hate About You.'

The news follows a previous tweet from Covington, who at the beginning of the April revealed that '10 Things' was "on the bubble and we need all the eyeballs we can get!"

Based on the movie starring Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger, '10 Things,' which struggled in the ratings throughout its run, premiered in July 2009, and aired its first 10 episodes through September. The show was later picked up for an additional 10 episodes, which began airing in March.

Meaghan Jette Martin, Nicholas Braun and Lindsey Shaw star.

Tell us: Will you miss '10 Things I Hate About You'? Sound off on Facebook.

jlinicome

It is so wrong that they canceled 10 things i hate about you that show made my dte an i pretty sure it did for other for alot of other teens and people in their 40 or 50 iam just so mad and confusied they did his i just really hopes they bring it back

March 23 2012 at 1:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mallory Lamberson

someone should do something about this. I loved this show and its pretty mesed up that they canceld it. Like wuts going to happen bettween patrick and kat. Wut about bionka and joey. They cant just stop the show like this. People are woundering wuts going to happen next. At lest and more episodes and the last one to make sence. Someone should really do something. I mean i would but i dont now were the company abc family is. I would totlly wright them. Cause like i said this is pretty mesed up!

October 04 2011 at 3:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lilywillo

Hey everyone if you really want the executives of the network to bring 10 things I hate about you back you have to go to a search engine like Google. When your their type in save 10 things i hate about you. click on the link: 10 things I hate about you-petition spot. So far their are just over 11,000 signatures including my own. In order to really serious about this we should set a goal of at least 1 million signatures. The executive have to see they will have numbers needed to reinstate the show.

July 17 2011 at 9:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lizzy

I loved 10 things and yes it is a little inappropriate but its a good show and I feel like it was going somewhere and personally im very sad its ending. I'm still wondering what will happen with Kat and Bianca.I am so mad at ABC!

July 22 2010 at 11:25 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
stephanie

i fucking loved the show, it was kindof stupid at first but then it started getting interesting and i HAD to watch it every time the new one came on that day. i was so fucking devistated and majorly dissapointed when i found out it was cancelled. wtf! the last episode was such a lead on and i REALLY wanted to see what was going to happen next but then the bitch is fucking cancelled! how fucked up is that. that makes me so angry, i really want to see more of the series =;/

June 15 2010 at 5:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kemi

YEP Abc IS Canceling all the shows i love and thats it. I'm DONE with ABC.All thier new stupid ass shows premiering i'm not watching. those fuck faces piss me off. If they would quit canceling shows and actually stick to a show maybe it will prosper.Were lucky they didnt pull the blug on LOST b4 it got a chance.i am starting a facebook group to boycott ABC so who's with me? and also One to get another network to pick up FlashForward if anyones a Fan of the show.

May 19 2010 at 12:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Kemi's comment
stephanie

i am definately with you! i totally fucking agree! finally someone that gots some logic into their brains. now they r premiering stupid fucking retarted shit lyk "huge"

June 15 2010 at 5:41 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Yelena Solovyeva

I am sad because I really liked the show. It is a first show in a long time that I watched every episode and loved it. I don't understand why they canceled it. There are so many stupid stuff on tv that is shown year after year, but they cancel this one. Makes no sense to me.

May 18 2010 at 3:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bri

Face it, ABC Family is where ABC puts all of their material which is too "risque" for the Disney channel or DisneyXD. They're part of the same corporation and many of the shows feature Disney actors (Bianca was in Camp Rock and Cameron was in Minutemen and Princess Protection Program; Ashley Tisdale's Picture This and Selena Gomez's Another Cinderella Story both premiered on Family instead of Disney). It was a place where ABC moved all of the teen aimed things once Disney became clearly a channel aimed at children instead of the channel it was before when it aired things like Boy Meets World (which addresses the topic of sex, etc.).

May 05 2010 at 12:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply