October 23, 2014

'NCIS' Cast in Contract Dispute

by Allison Waldman, posted Apr 29th 2010 10:30AM
NCIS_cast_black_CBS
Trouble may be afoot behind the scenes of CBS' ratings juggernaut 'NCIS.'

According to Deadline, four of its stars -- Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, David McCallum and Sean Murray -- are still not signed beyond the end of this season, leaving the future of the cast in limbo.
According to the report, all four have been given "low-ball" offers to re-sign with the show, which is currently in its seventh season on CBS. At least two of the four are making far less than $100,000 per episode, which is already on the low-end for a network show.

Just how much each star is making per-episode is unknown.

If contract negotiations fall through, the show would presumably be in for a major shift in storyline, considering how integral their characters -- Weatherly and Perrette's in particular -- play into the show. Even worse: No word yet on how their stories would be wrapped up. (And here we thought 'Lost' fans had issues.)

In the meantime, Deadline did have some good news to report: Mark Harmon, Rocky Carroll and Cote de Pablo are expected to return. According to the report, de Pablo -- whose contract ends after next season -- was approached with a similar low-ball extension.

How things will get settled remains to be seen, but fans shouldn't worry too much, as contract disputes have factored into many long-running series, from 'Friends' to, more recently, 'Law & Order: SVU.' CBS in particular had a hiccup in 2004 amidst contract negotiations with 'CSI' co-stars Jorja Fox and George Eads. The pair failed to show up to the set one day, which led to them being temporarily fired. Fox and Eads were later re-hired eight days later.

newworldforever

OH WHAT! I just read... They trying to break up the team?! What a bunch of idiots... Yeah that would be dumb. I think most (MOST) people watch NCIS because of the team makeup. Which is one reason I personally dont watch NCIS LA. LA is just nothing like NCIS East Coast Baby! Jethro and his team is just like no other show. I never liked the episodes where they would remove one of the characters due to circumstance... It's not just a TV show idiots. I mean it is, but... ITS NOT! Just dont mess up a well oiled machine. Im sure most if not all people would agree! In fact they should make a MOVIE! Really! I know I would see it! and own the Blue ray well!

October 03 2011 at 4:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
newworldforever

Yeah I would rather watch Reruns of NCIS than watch anything else either... LOL That show is like none ive ever seen. infact that's all I watch on TV nowadays! (NCIS East Coast Baby!!!) Never got in to the LA one.

October 03 2011 at 4:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Betty Parks Lister

I cannot believe you would try to pay any of the greatest tem on TV such low salaries. The have proved them selves to you . Made big bucks for you. I woud rather watch reruns of NCIS than watch anything else on TV and you are not wanting to pay them what they are worth. Shame on you. Cote De Pabelo is worth more than you gave her I'm sure. She is not only beautiful, but she is so talented and her place on the show cannot be replaced .Michael Weatherly,Pauley Perrettee,David,Mccallum,And Sean murray along with my heart throb, Mark Harmon and Rocky Carrol make the greatest team on TV . They are so toghether it's almost real ,it's natural.don,t mess up the A team they are worth every penny. These are true professionals and they have true fans!!!!

May 19 2011 at 2:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
York Carole

Oh I almost forgot make sure you keep David Mcallum, too. I remember him from Man from U.N.C.L.E. and think he's fantastic. Pay them what they're worth so we can keep our series going, OKAY?

April 25 2011 at 12:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paula

Its all or nothing for these stars. They have brought you so much money in your own pockets and you are not wanting to give them their fair share for being great actors to line your pockets. The deserve ALL the credit for this show. They made it #1 and now you want to get rid of some over $, what's the matter with this picture?

January 04 2011 at 5:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kent Franklin

I have no idea what having one of the top rated shows on tv translates to in real dollars. I would be willing to bet it far outshines the amount of money the cast is asking just to be brought up to industry standards. We are fans, have seen every episode through year seven and will continue to watch as long as the team holds together.

December 12 2010 at 2:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bobbi Lutgen

if you dont bring all them back, you might as well shut down the show.its just not right. i finally get a show i like, and your going to mess with perfection.why.

October 31 2010 at 8:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bobbi Lutgen

October 31 2010 at 8:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Scotswoman

I watch the new Tuesday shows plus reruns on: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sat. Marathons, etc. Please do not break up this team which has class. Great to see guest appearances from JAG team. Any chance of JAG reruns coming back. Kudos to The Good Wife for recent guest appearance of Lou Dobbs. He has a loyal following missing Mr. Dobbs immensely.

October 06 2010 at 4:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply