April 25, 2014

Bad News: Looks Like 'Legend of the Seeker' Really Won't Be Back

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 30th 2010 2:15PM
Legend of the SeekerWe told you earlier this week that the syndicated action show 'Legend of the Seeker' had been canceled. ABC Studios still won't comment officially on the status of the show, but multiple sources, including Entertainment Weekly, say that because of the number of stations around the country that dropped the show and the state of sci-fi/adventure shows right now, the studio is just not going to do a third season. (The show is currently in its second season.)

Overseas sales of the show aren't strong, either -- a surprising fact, considering that a lot of syndicated action shows do better overseas than they do in the United States.

Of course, fans may rally around the show and get a petition started, but for now, it looks like it may be a waste of time.

Still, it couldn't hurt, as past campaigns have worked wonders on shows like CBS' 'Jericho' and NBC's 'Chuck'; and as we reported today, 'Chuck' fans are already planning to launch yet another campaign to get the show renewed for another seasons. During an interview with Shaun Daily over at BlogTalkRadio (he spearheaded the 'Jericho' campaign), he and I and a caller talked about fans sending little plastic swords to save the show, so that's one option.

Tell us: Will you be sad if 'Legend' officially gets the ax?

Joanne

Anything that really has entertaining value goes away. Maybe if people could get a grip on time and day of a series they could get comfortable. Legend of the seekers is a great show it's the TV executives that need to put the shows on the same day and time and let people get comfortale in their own homes. Reality shows are awful!!!! People have enough reality in life. Bring the seeker back and give it a time and day that people can count on.

June 03 2011 at 7:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gabriel

funny... just when i find a really good sci-fi fantasy series, it gets canned... (firefly, anyone?!?!) htis really should be continued... the writing is there, the cinematography and teleplay is there... same problem that happened to 'firefly', the networks (and the affiliates) keep moving it around the schedule to fit their whim!!! w.t.f.!!

bring the seeker back, KEEP IT AT A SCHEDULED TIME SLOT, and see what happens... hell,... it's WAY better than "biggest loser"!!

September 08 2010 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shelly

I really love this show i have the legend of the seeker all over my computer and I'm really going to die without it.

May 08 2010 at 8:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeremy

Seeker Fans please go support the show

Go to www.petitionspot.com/petitions/LOTS3 and sign the petition it can help save the show.

May 04 2010 at 2:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
norm

great show

May 03 2010 at 2:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

This show was cheesy but entertaining in the first season, but man did it lose its way in the second season. I can understand why stations are backing off...

May 02 2010 at 9:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
swenciler

Oh no-not Legend of the Seeker! I usually catch it online - I never seem to find it on tv because it seems to move around.

All of the shows that I like seem to get canceled. Still missing Jericho!

May 02 2010 at 8:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hannah

I'm crying right now! Does that answer the question?
Yes, I am sad, very sad! Legend Of The Seeker is one of my most favorite shows ever! How dare they to cancell the most awsome, greatest & fantastic shows of all time!?
You better bring a third season and more, or you will....!!!!

May 02 2010 at 6:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rockwell

It doesn't help that the only station in this area airs it at 12:30 am Monday Morning. I get my Seeker Fix on Netflix.

May 02 2010 at 4:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ruthsgardens

Having never read the books or seen the movies,I can only comment on the trailers.I found them to be refreshing compared to all the crap they have on tv.I look forward to the end of the era of race and sexuality based sitcoms and reality shows.Children need to dream more and not be thrusted into reality.Adults need the escapism from the constant daily grind of reality to.Did you ever wonder how networks say they know how many people watch their shows?

May 02 2010 at 3:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply