August 20, 2014

'Chuck' Fans Plan Buy More-Themed Flash Mobs

by Sharon Knolle, posted Apr 30th 2010 12:00PM
"'Chuck' fans are the most loyal, dedicated, imaginative and passionate fans any show could ever hope for," says series co-creator Josh Schwartz.

It turns out he wasn't kidding.

To show their support for the NBC show, which is currently "on the bubble," fans will stage flash mobs in four cities this Monday, notes The Hollywood Reporter.

If you live in Chicago, Seattle, San Diego and Philadelphia, expect to see hordes of people dressed like Buy More employees, either in a green polo shirt and khakis or short-sleeved white dress shirt, tie and black pants.
This follows last year's "Finale and a Footlong" campaign that made national headlines when fans bought sandwiches from 'Chuck' sponsor Subway. While last year's fan initiative was geared toward advertisers, this year's actions are designed to attract more viewers to the show.

"This is yet another example of their awesomeness," Schwartz said. "We are, as always, grateful and inspired to deliver a show as good to them as they are to us."

NBC has not yet given word whether it intends to renew the series for a fourth season, but Chuck's proved steady in the ratings, unlike fellow-Monday-night series, 'Heroes,' which has dipped to new lows.

See video:
Zachary Levi takes 600 friends to Subway

elaine krom

My husband watches very little tv due to his job ~ works nights...the networks need to stop looking so strict at ratings for who watches the night it airs~~ thats what dvr are for and a lot of people are working the night shift...my husband loves loves this show~ we sit down together to enjoy it...i hate all this reality tv thats on...never watch it ..boring..i have enough reality in my household don't need to see it on tv...i like dreaming ...that is what tv was originally for...fantasy.

May 10 2010 at 2:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adrian Miller

Removing Chuck from the air would be like NBC shooting itself in the foot. Sorry, but the moment you lose Steve Carrell from The Office, that show will wink out of existence. Like them or not, but Parks & Recreations and Community are like the little fish living under the fins of the big one. Chuck carries its own, and, if you would only give it MORE funding, MORE opportunity, it could explode into a powerhouse just like The Office.

As if the famous ethics of NBC needed another blow, the whole Jay/Leno fiasco blew up and made your station look like a bunch of jerks. It made Jay Leno a pariah in my household. We'll NEVER watch him again. I can't change my channel fast enough.

Don't make another really huge mistake and short-change the folks at Chuck! It is a great show, and we're WATCHING? Who in the hell are you asking with all these freaking ratings? My family watches the show whenever it's on, and so does everyone in my extended family.

May 09 2010 at 12:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rossfun2b55

If NBC takes Chuck off, I can eleminate them from my programming entirely...All the L&O series are the same thing week after week...It is refreshing to watch something like Chuck which ISN'T real-life!! When did TV quit being about light-hearted entertainment?

May 08 2010 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ralphgmiami

CHUCK is the greatest show ever. I live in Miami. Even the Cuban immigrants have gotten hooked on Chuck. Yes they put on the SAP programming so they can understand it. Exactly who does Nielsen ratings contact to find out what if the most popular show. If that's the case ALL OF US CHUCK FANS SHOULD GOOGLE NIELSEN RATINGS. Then we should send emails to SAVE CHUCK. I have only been contact once by Nielsen and that was back in about 1981 as I was watching a Yankees-Dodgers world series game. I never got a call from them again.

May 08 2010 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy

chuck is the best show on tv. my daughter (25) and i(60) love this show. the writing is great and zachary levi is HOT -- the actors are wonderful. please, please keep chuck on tv!

May 08 2010 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
patrick douglass

LET THIS DEAD DOG LIE, THIS PROGRAM WAS CRAPO FROM THE START,
TALK ABOUT TASTE BUDS, FANS OF THIS HAVE NONE

May 03 2010 at 7:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

Stupid!!!

May 03 2010 at 6:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

I think this is as stupid as the show. What a waste of time and enrgy. Why don't all these people put the energy into helping something worth while, like feed the hungry, or cancer....etc. What a waste of time!

May 03 2010 at 6:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
videogame1012

I cant wait for this! Especially since one of the cities is Seattle (which im right near)

May 03 2010 at 1:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lajr1951

CHUCK IS A GREAT TV SHOW.CLEAN WHY DROP THE SHOW.I AM SO TIRED OF GOOD SHOW DROP.I MAY JUST DROP NBC FROM MY TV.KEEP ALL YOUR BORING SHOWS ON.MOST OF THE SHOWS ON NBC I WILL NEVER WATCH,SO MAYBE WILL BE GOOD BYE TO NBC

May 02 2010 at 11:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply