December 18, 2014

Will Marg Helgenberger Leave 'CSI'?

by Gabrielle Dunn, posted Apr 30th 2010 4:40PM
Catherine WillowsMarg Helgenberger, the actress who plays forensic scientist Catherine Willows on 'CSI', told TV Squad today that her contract on the show is up after 10 years and that she hasn't yet been asked back for next season.

"My contract is up actually," Helgenberger said, when asked if she would be returning for 'CSI's' 11th season. "That's a good question. I haven't been asked back, so we'll see."

Helgenberger's character was recently promoted to supervisor after the departure of her long-time partner, Gil Grissom (William Peterson). She has been with the show since it's debut in 2000.

There have been a few notable cast departures recently on 'CSI' -- among them, Peterson, who left last season to pursue more stage roles, and Jorja Fox, who left the show only to return in a recurring capacity this season. Helgenberger faces frequent rumors that she is leaving the show, though last year's contract renewal wasn't announced until mid-May.

Check TV Squad next week for the full Marg Helgenberger interview.

Linda

I love Marg.I am tired of replacing older actors with dumb eye candy.If marg goes I go.Lawrence is a great replacement for petterson who I loved.Larry has brought a whole new way for his character.He is so nerdy,love that.Keep Marg,she can fix her lipstick.

May 07 2010 at 10:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan Chichian

I can not watch any episode that Jorja Fox is on so I have not seen many this season. I have always liked the Catherine character but ever since the split team season where the writers made her such a shrew I find it hard to watch her as a supervisor.

as to Jorja Fox when will she be done for good? Isn't this the third time Sara has run away from Grissom (twice from Vegas and now back to Vegas - exactly where he is not)?

May 06 2010 at 3:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gitta

Please ............We need new writers. I live in Las Vegas and I can assure you we DON'T have basements here and it rarely rains contrary to the latest scrips. I agree Marg is definitely boring and stiff but is it her or the writers? I think there is alot of potential to make it better and so much resources for story lines her in Sin City.

May 01 2010 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rick

If Marg leaves the show they might as well cancel it. Fishburne is a dud and could not carry the show .

May 01 2010 at 2:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pastorfab7

CSI used to be a very good show. But, it's now turned into nothing more that a high-teck soap opra. They lost it when they started shifting the focus from the crime/solution to the classless relationship triangles within the unit.
Reruns of Leave It To Beaver and Mayberry RFD are 1,000 times better.

May 01 2010 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ken

Sarah and Catherine were always the two worse characters on the show with their preachy morality. The show will be better when she is gone, like Sarah.

May 01 2010 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Renie

I like Marg and think she should stay. For someone who was leaving the show, Jorga Fox shows up alot. When I see she is on, I turn off the show. If you are going to leave, leave.

May 01 2010 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Renie's comment
Granny

Renie...guess you don't get out much...her contract was renewed after the announcement that she was leaving. It is all about the money.

What any of us think does not count. It is up to the network, the producers and the sponsors that pay the bills. It is a business pure and simple and not a popularity contest. Blame it on the so called reality shows.....now that is something that really is more phony then a ficitonal program.

May 01 2010 at 1:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marge

You do no cancel a show that is 6th on the ratings list.

May 01 2010 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
j

I could care less . Back when the show began the network told me that this show was a new smash hit . I have never watched an episode . I dont like her . I dont like that little Howdy Doody Mutt with the red hair that wears black suit in 90 degree weather . There was only one guy that could pull that off . That was jack Lord of Hawaii 5 0 . Jack had his share of ego hangups too like this little twit but people over looked that for a good show

May 01 2010 at 1:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply