July 25, 2014

Sheen, CBS Close to Making New Deal for 'Two and a Half Men'?

by Mike Moody, posted May 3rd 2010 9:21AM
charlie sheen two and a half men deal It looks like Charlie Sheen's uncle Joe won't be taking over his role on 'Two and a Half Men' after all (like that was ever going to happen). While lawyers hammer out a plea deal to end the troubled actor's legal woes comes news that he and CBS are ready to cut a deal to keep him on the hit sitcom.

According to Deadline Hollywood, Sheen and CBS are both "cautiously optimistic" about a new deal that would keep the star cracking wise in bowling shirts for two more seasons on 'Two and A Half Men.' This comes, of course, after Sheen publicly declared that he was ready to leave the show, leading us to speculate on who could replace him (my vote was for James Franco).

So was Sheen's threat to quit the show just a bargaining tactic to land a bigger paycheck? Who knows? His contract was up after this season, but the guy's private life has been in shambles ever since he was arrested last Christmas after an alleged domestic bust-up with wife Brooke Mueller.

It's hard to tell what's going on inside of Sheen's head these days. Maybe the guy just realized that he needs a steady job to pay for all of those lawyers and legal fees. Boozing it up and flirting with hot girls on TV for another few years sounds like a nice way to make a buck.

D Means

HELL NO HE DOESNT NEED THAT MUCH GET REAL!!!!!

May 19 2010 at 7:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jean

two and a half men is a good show because whoever did the casting did a good job.i am glad sheen is staying, without him there can be no show. how is that fair to the others. by the way jake growing into to a very handsome young man. i am glad charlie did not get married on the show i would have stopped watching.as long as charlie sheen is able to separate acting from his real life the show has another few years in it.

May 08 2010 at 8:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jaygirl

Yayyy!! This has been one of my favorite shows from the beginning and I can't imagine it without any of the current "two and a half men!" Oh, and too bad you can't publish the pictures of those people who are always calling other folks ugly! There's a mirror somewhere for them, I'm sure. Such sad people.....

May 04 2010 at 2:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

I stopped watching this show after 2 seasons, because it's the same old, same old. Plus, at this point, shouldn't the title be "3 Men", after all, isn't the kid at least 13 or 14?? I suppose when the show runs for another 10 years, they can call it "2 Men and a Wet Brain."

May 04 2010 at 12:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jane

Gross Linda you nasty old hag...lol

May 03 2010 at 11:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jpuzzlewhiz

The link said that this could be "good news" for the show, I click on it, and I find out that it's Charlie Sheen possibly getting a new deal to stay on this show-that-jumped-the shark-already-cancel-it-now.

And will somebody PLEASE shoot that Sheen bastard?

May 03 2010 at 10:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anita

Personally I find this show rather disgusting and not very funny. I am not a prude nor am I embarrassed by sexy comments , etc., but I find Charlie Sheen very uncouth and maybe if he was more like his Dad he would be likable. The "kid" has grown up and emulating a very bad influence in his Yncle and his Dad is a jerky mope so why spend money on such a stupid show.

May 03 2010 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karren

I LOVE this show!!! Glad it's going to continue!! :-)

May 03 2010 at 7:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
linemanron

No stupid Emelio died like back in the fourth season!

May 03 2010 at 7:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply