October 22, 2014

'The Next Food Network Star' Sneak Peek (VIDEO)

by Chris Harnick, posted May 3rd 2010 6:30PM
The Next Food Network Star

'The Next Food Network Star' has given us quite a number of Food Network celebrities, from Guy Fieri to Melissa d'Arabian. With the launch of a new season right around the corner (Sun., June 6 at 9PM ET), we're salivating in anticipation.

Drama? Check. Spills? Check. Attitudes? Check. Lots of raw chicken? Check -- wait, that's not a good thing. Check out your first look of the cast and four promo videos, one for the whole season, one for the first episode where the 12 finalists have to cook for special guest Wolfgang Puck, a set tour and tips from last year's winner, Melissa d'Arabian.

Meet the cast!

AlexisAlexis Hernandez
Age: 40
Hometown: Clarksville, Indiana
Food you won't go near: Green, yellow or red bell peppers.

AriaAria Kagan
Age: 31
Hometown: Hollywood, Florida
Weirdest thing you've ever eaten: Sheep's brains

Aarti
Aarti Sequeira
Age: 31
Hometown: Los Angeles, California
Weirdest thing you've ever eaten: Sheep's brains
BradBrad Sorenson
Age: 25
Hometown: Austin, Texas
Favorite restaurant: Torchy's Tacos, Amy's Ice Cream and all the great barbecue in Austin.

BriannaBrianna Jenkins
Age: 30
Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia
Culinary inspirations: Traveling, my ethnically diverse friends and family.

DasDarrell "DAS" Smith
Age: 28
Hometown: Los Angeles, California
Food specialty: New style American cuisine - "Food is the life of the party"
DoreenDoreen Fang
Age: 28
Hometown: Los Angeles, California
Favorite Food Network chef: Guy Fieri - I like his outspoken, funny personality.

DzintraDzintra Dzenis
Age: 44
Hometown: Austin, Texas
Interests and hobbies: Cooking, any kind of dance, music and movies

HerbHerb Mesa
Age: 41
Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia
Three foods he can't live without (other than bread or water): Eggs, milk and chocolate

PaulPaul Young
Age: 32
Hometown: Chicago, Illinois
Three people, alive or dead, whom he'd like to invite to a dinner party: Robin Williams, Jim Carrey and my dad. I would probably prepare Salad Nicoise, Filet with a Cherry Red Wine Sauce and Chocolate Chip Cookies.
SerenaSerena Palumbo
Age: 31
Hometown: New York, New York
Food you won't go near: I love all food, but probably I would not eat fried insects.

TomTom Pizzica
Age: 32
Hometown: San Francisco, CA
Culinary inspirations: Farmers' markets; new cookware and gadgets; hungry people

Here's the promo for the first episode with all the raw chicken drama. Keep an eye out for Wolfgang Puck saying his wife would divorce him if he served her something one of the finalists put in front of him.

Take a set tour and go behind the scenes of 'Next Food Network Star.'

And here are tips from Melissa d'Arabian, the winner of a last season.

Are you excited for the new season of 'The Next Food Network Star'? Tell us on Facebook!

Terry

Has anyone noticed that the gay guy on the show, Alexis, is not even in the promo/trailer at all? I don't know if anyone has noticed?

May 13 2010 at 6:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Terry's comment
Terry

and what it means? Does he not have a good relationship with FN or did he piss them off or did FN piss him off?

May 13 2010 at 6:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jj

Guy Fieri was a "ringer" - he was outed as a plant within a week or two of the show....FN rigs all of their "competitioins". Used to be a decent network until it became pc, now is as shallow and dumbed down as everything else
(BEST lineup for food shows is PBS)

May 10 2010 at 1:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hrlybill

OK enough already with these STUPID BS food shows. I mean am I supposed to be afraid of the Cake Bossm stop putting these dumb ass shows on TV!

May 10 2010 at 8:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sunny

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Wake me when it's over.
Whatever happpened to the last winner of The Next Food Network Star?

May 10 2010 at 8:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cndy9073

When Big Daddy comes on I turn the tv OFF. I can't stand him.
We love Guy!!!!

May 10 2010 at 5:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
krussrn

The show actually has a great concept, but it's very poorly executed. If the show is about the food, then the food should be judged anonymously. If it's mostly about ability to entertain a TV audience for 20-30 minutes while sharing useable information about cooking or serving food, then the contestants should be judged doing those two things. If the producers argue that they're searching for a little of both, then they should judge the food anonymously,separate from the judging of the contestant's ability to "host." Then, their scores should be combined after discussion by the judges to announce the winners each week. Just an idea for starters.

May 10 2010 at 5:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kmac

Can't stomach the arrogant Bobby Flay, who thinks he can be mayor of NYC. Love Guy, his food rocks, Big Daddy was a joke, and last years winner I can't even remember her name got chosen of because of a sad story, Then of course there was the girl who repeated over and over again she had graduated from culinary school. The show has run it's course, haha, and if I have to watch fumbling half baked cooks one more season i will VOMIT.

May 10 2010 at 3:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yabbi

same old boring crap. the producers want a young audience, and they are only looking for a personality. it's just a popularity contest. i hate when they have the judging, as if those two dorky producers could select a winner. what a stupid way to find honest-to-gosh cooking show talent. this show should have died on the cutting room floor the very first season. it is a big, dumb joke.

May 10 2010 at 1:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
socbutterf

Guy is a fun loving person, I hope he keeps going on and on just like the everyready batteries. He is a great cook (Chef )and family man, and he loves have them around.
Big Daddy is fun and interesting and again A Family Man.
Let Both of them keep going !!!!1111

May 10 2010 at 1:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MeeMee

I am ready for this season. Look foward to it each year. I love Guy & Big Daddy & of course all the rest of the gang. May the best cook win. I, am a good cook, but each day as I watch the cooking shows I learn something new.

May 10 2010 at 12:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply