July 28, 2014

TV Casting: Fran Drescher Gets Summer Talk Show

by Chris Harnick, posted May 3rd 2010 1:00PM
Fran DrescherFran Drescher, better known as 'The Nanny,' may have a new title this summer: talk show host. Drescher sent a tweet to her followers that said, "I'm doin a sumer tlk shw BTW." Drescher had reportedly been in talks to do a show with either Fox News or MSNBC. [The Wrap]

Sarah Wayne Callies'Prison Break' alumna Sarah Wayne Callies has joined AMC's zombie show, 'The Walking Dead.' Callies is set to play Lori Grimes, the wife of the show's hero, Rick (Andrew Lincoln). 'The Walking Dead' is based on Robert Kirkman's comic book of the same name. [Ausiello Files]

Zoe KravitzZoe Kravitz
, daughter of rocker Lenny and 'Cosby' kid Lisa Bonet, will guest on Showtime's 'Californication.' Kravitz will appear on six episodes, playing a character named Zoe, who recruits Becca for her all-girl band. [Ausiello Files]

Megan ParkA new Lifetime movie, 'Perfect Teacher,' has added Megan Park of 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager' as a spoiled high school student who becomes obsessed with seducing her teacher, played by David Charvet of 'Melrose Place.' 'CSI: Miami' star Boti Bliss will play Charvet's girlfriend. [Hollywood Reporter]
Michael Badalucco'Practice' veteran Michael Badalucco has joined HBO's 'Boardwalk Empire' in a recurring role. [Hollywood Reporter]

Elizabeth

I love Fran on the Nanny. Please don't say that she is not going to be on the nanny any longer. If she goes, I go.

May 03 2010 at 6:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

I can't stand that annoying loud mouth

May 03 2010 at 6:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Harry

No way with Fox, to much baggage.

May 03 2010 at 3:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike

Peggy you sweety, how does your sister look wearing 5 inch heels

May 03 2010 at 3:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cindi

can't stand Fran's voice!

May 03 2010 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to cindi's comment
Peggy you sweety

her "voice" is not her real voice...she has a "normal" voice when she is not acting...

May 03 2010 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peggy you sweety

We grew up in Flushing Queens. My younger sister was good friends with Fran and she was over our house from time to time. Fran was cute then and hasn't changed much since. My sister does Fran's voice better than Fran BTW! When Fran does come to NYC my sis always tries to make it her business to bump into her...I think (no, I know) she's jealous of Fran's fame and fortune. My sis beat Fran out for a role in a Junior High School production and I think Fran was upset...maybe that early setback was the impetus for her career? Who knows.

May 03 2010 at 2:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MIchael Mc Manus

Kathy Griffin needs to have a talk show.
She is off the hook.

May 03 2010 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to MIchael Mc Manus's comment
RAJMCTX5

Fran SUX she needs to give it up and just shut up her stupid ass mouth

May 03 2010 at 5:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gerard Roberts

Fran is really funny and talented but we really don't need another talk or cooking show on tv. Fran get yourself back on a sitcom you will be a big hit and be on for years.

May 03 2010 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John F.C. Taylor

Loved her on The Nanny. Didn't get a chance to see that other series she did. I doubt I'll try to watch her on a talk show.

May 03 2010 at 2:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply