October 22, 2014

'24' - '11:00AM - 12:00PM' Recap

by Mike Moody, posted May 4th 2010 8:09AM
24 episode recap
(S08E10) Jack hit the streets last night on a bloody mission to expose everyone responsible for his pain. Was Dana was right when she said that Jack wouldn't stop until he's hunted down and killed everyone involved in the conspiracy, 'Kill Bill' style? I'm starting to think the answer is yes.

To echo Jane's review from last week ... I'm really starting to enjoy '24' again. This episode and last week's ep were quite awesome. I didn't like seeing Renee die a few weeks back, but her death seems to have given Jack and the show a much clearer focus and a sharper edge.

I'm loving watching Charles Logan pull the president's strings like a weasely little puppeteer. Can we all just agree that Prez Taylor has completely lost her marbles? I think we all knew she was in for a big fall once she got in bed with Logan. Ethan Kanin had the right idea getting out while the gettin' was good. Torture, lies, terrorism. He doesn't want to be connected to that awful mess.

I've typed it once and I'll type it again: Poor Cole Ortiz. The guy's gone through hell and back and now he's wrapped up in Jack's fight against the world. Still, it was great to see Jack and Cole storming the "private facility" together to get to Dana back. Jack had no problems taking out four or five guys, including the mustachioed D.B. Sweeney, to get the job done. Unfortunately, he and Cole forgot how sneaky and ruthless Dana really is.

Dana was getting nowhere trying to manipulate Cole. Sure, she pushed his buttons a lot, but she couldn't get him to turn his back on Jack. Luckily for her, her safe deposit box was armed with a cool little flash bomb (or whatever you call that thing) that knocked Cole off his feet and allowed her escape.

You know, I was actually starting to like Dana in this episode. I loved Katee Sackhoff's work on 'Battlestar Galactica,' but her character here has been pretty repulsive to say the least. But Dana, even though she's evil, showed a lot of spark last night. It was fun watching her knock out Cole, shoot the bank teller and make a bogus 911 call about Jack. The chase into the construction site was just icing on the cake.

Kiefer Sutherland continues to impress with his amazing acting on this show. Jack has gone over the edge, and that pain and anger were written all over Sutherland's face, especially during Dana's death scene. Watching Jack put two bullets into Dana again brought up what she said earlier ... Did Jack only want her evidence so that he could exact his revenge on everyone involved in the conspiracy that led to Renee's murder? Are his motives purely personal? Does he not really give a damn about exposing the Russians? Nah, of course he does. But the fact that the show can still make viewers think otherwise, even for a minute, is pretty amazing.

So the Prez agreed to put Logan's right-hand man, Jason Pillar (Reed Diamond), in charge of everything Jack Bauer-related at CTU (what's left, making the coffee?). Wow. That's just crazy. Still, I loved watching Diamond usurp Chloe's command and boss around all of the other CTU analysts. He makes a great bad guy.

And what about Chloe? Are you guys upset with her for organizing the sting operation on Jack? It's obvious that she's concerned about his well-being. Plus she has a pretty good reason to think that he's gone a little nutso after Renee's death and everything else he's been through in the past few hours. Simply put, she's just trying to protect her friend who she doesn't want to seen end up dead or in jail for the rest of his life. I can't blame her, but I still sorta wish she had Jack's back on this one, if only because it would just feel right.

Jack comes face-to-face with Renee's killer next week. It'll be interesting to see if his vigilante-style vendetta ends there or if he really does plan to shoot every bad guy on the show in the face.

jeri sadlo

the cancellation of 24 was like the death of an old friend.I have loved 24 since the first episode,I will miss it so much ,jack is one of a kind,and kiefer is a marvelous actor,he makes even the most hokey plots seem believable..this is breaking my heart, but i have every episode on dvd and i will buy this season too, and the movie also.

May 19 2010 at 5:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pepper

This is the best drama show, hands down. The writers continue to 'move the bar' in a upward thrust. There's never a time when one says to himself, "Oh yea, I know what's going to happen next". YOU DON'T! There's always surprises lurking around each corner. And President Logan....Oh man, this guy is a real number! What a conniving weasel (great acting on his part). I missed Renee Walker (Boy, was I in love with her. What a Hottie)! I could go on and on. Special hooray goes out to Cole Ortiz. Man,Freddie Prinze has come a long way. I'm glad to see that he has some serious 'acting chops'. Him and Jack are great together. Everyone involved in this show should be thanked. To reiterate, "This is the best drama show, hands down!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

May 11 2010 at 8:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sir Yuck-Yuck

With this series ending it would be a great tongue in cheek scene if Alberta Green was called in to temporarily run CTU as was done way back in season 1

May 08 2010 at 1:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MusclesMarinara

It's been great to see Jack back as the kick-ass, take no prisoners type of guy, even if its only for a few episodes. The show, as great as its been, lost something when they tried to get all PC, early seasons were the best because it showed Jack at his rawest: whatever to get the job done. Yes everyone roots for Jack to be happy, have the family, be with his daughter and granddaughter, but after 8 seasons of being tortured, doing the torturing, being betrayed, losing friends, can anyone honestly say that you wanna see Jack ride off into the sunset? Yes it seems great, but it would be so unlike the Jack we've come to love.

May 07 2010 at 11:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yoda

Awesome ending !! I was upset when he sais "nothing" with this desperate look on his face...the all episode was great with tension, the best so far in this season. At last Jack is back for good !!!

May 05 2010 at 3:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ken

About TvSquad's claim of warning readers that a review might contain spoilers, and advice from commenters to simply not read the review, what about your GIANT GLARING *HEADLINE* 12 hrs after the original broadcast:

"Jack Shoots Dana on '24' (VIDEO)

Posted May 4th 2010 9:35AM by Chris Harnick
Filed under: TV Replay."

Like so many others I watch Hulu or record shows. Thanks for totalling ruining this one for me.

May 05 2010 at 1:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael

Did anyone else think as I did that when I saw all of that plastic sheeting hanging behind Dana that she would soon be lying dead in it? Sure makes the CSI clean up of this homicide easier.

May 04 2010 at 11:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ashe

Of course Jack probably wont get a free "get out of jail" card, but I doubt he will be killed. Most likely he'll have to go underground and pretty much on the run for the rest of his life until the next crisis comes along, and another president or CTU director gives him a pardon in exchange for his help again.

Yeah, love the D.B. Sweeny killshot, Jack didn't even blink and had already shot him. And it was wise to kill dana in the end, as they said, she pretty much cant be trusted and is a loose end, but it was definitely revenge though.

May 04 2010 at 7:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bernard

@LC I tend to avoid promos at all costs because they reveal what's gonna happen next week, even if it is just a hint/teaser. Call me a spoiler-free purist.

May 04 2010 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Bernard's comment
LC

@Bernard

No problem. Just letting you know to be careful because the spoiler mentioned, will most definitely be shown during any Fox aired sporting events, as well as their regular lineup.

May 04 2010 at 9:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hugeliver

I agree Bernard.
I can't reply to your post for some reason again. Any reason why I can sometimes reply and other times cannot??

I still like all the Jacktion we're getting. Too bad this season wasn't just the last 12 hours. I would have actually liked it then!!

May 04 2010 at 4:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply