November 26, 2014

A&E Renews 'Paranormal State' For Fifth Season

by Rich Keller, posted May 5th 2010 11:20AM
A&E has renewed 'Paranormal State' for a fifth seasonAhead of A&E's upfront presentation to advertisers in New York comes news from the Live Feed that the network has renewed 'Paranormal State' for a fifth season. According to the report, 20 episodes have been ordered, which will begin airing in the fall.

The show features Ryan Buell and his Paranormal Research Society as they try to unravel the mysteries behind numerous paranormal events across the globe.

Though it may seem a clone of SyFy's 'Ghost Hunters,' the PRS team investigates phenomena such as demonic possession, ghost sightings and sixth sense experiences such as telepathy.

The success of 'Paranormal State' on A&E spawned additional supernatural reality shows on the network. This includes 'Paranormal Cops,' about Chicago police officers who investigate paranormal activity off-hours, and 'Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal,' about a team of physics and mediums that help children cope with their special abilities.

Repeats of 'Paranormal State' currently run at various times on A&E. Check your local TV Listings for more information.

Brian

I like Paranormal State.. And if I am not mistaken isn't Ghost Hunters a take off of Paranormal State, I believe they have been on longer. I like it better also.

March 31 2012 at 1:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
velma1000

I love paranomal state it is a great show

May 02 2011 at 10:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
maryann

Love this show and so glad it was renewed... we all would like to think there is something of us left here to communicate and love the shows that try to show that

September 08 2010 at 11:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
laurie gallagher

i love watchen paranormal state its been one of my favorites since it first came out

August 12 2010 at 8:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
owen

When the show started Ryan was still in college, this was a credit for him in a legitimate class.

June 16 2010 at 9:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
candy

I am so glad the show was renewed. I like these people and they work well together. Thank you A&E for letting shows stay on the air that people really like.

May 06 2010 at 8:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John F.C. Taylor

I get the show. I just think it doesn't need to be on TV taking up air time. A suggestion. Create a reality show channel where they can lump all these programs together. That would make it a whole lot easier to avoid all the nonsense.

May 06 2010 at 7:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris

Another show I don't get. Run around in the dark, scream every once in a while. Never find anything.(Always kind of amazing, as most locations investigated seem to hve stories that say spirits are ever present.) And now renewed. Who is watching this stuff?

May 05 2010 at 12:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to chris's comment
jipsygal

I watch and a lot of my friends watch. Very popular here in Canada.
I love this show and all the team members.Patiently waiting for new episodes and watching the reruns of the reruns!!

June 12 2010 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brian

This is one of the worst shows on TV. I can only assume the ratings are good because people like to see how hilariously bad it can get.

"Is anyone out there?"
:soft tap:
"It appears you have a demon."

My favorite is when they scream "Holy [beep]" then go to commercial. When the show returns, whatever caused the commotion isn't even addressed. I love it!

May 05 2010 at 11:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to brian's comment
Claudia

And you stick around to watch it :)

This show is for people who are intrigued by the concept of something above and beyond hence the shows name paranormal state. I think it's a great show to learn about new things about the paranormal subject. I frankly think that they do an amazing job.

May 20 2010 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply