October 20, 2014

CW Resurrects 'Moonlight' (Well, Sort of)

by Andrew Scott, posted May 6th 2010 5:20PM
Alex O'LoughlinGood news for 'Moonlight' fans still reeling over its cancellation: According to the Live Feed, the CW has officially resurrected the series and will pair it with encore episodes of the 'Vampire Diaries,' beginning Jun. 3.

But don't get too excited: The network will simply air rereuns of the vampire drama series, which starred Alex O'Loughlin as an immortal detective. The show began a close relationship between O'Loughlin and the network, and led to this season's canceled medical drama 'Three Rivers' and the upcoming 'Hawaii Five-O' reboot.

'Moonight,' which premiered in 2007, developed a cult audience in its first and only season on CBS, though it never quite garnered enough numbers to warrant a second season. CBS did make attempts to save the show, including an additional four-episode order, but low ratings eventually forced the network to pull the plug.

Tell us: Will you watch reruns of 'Moonlight' on CW?

jacqueline

SO DISAPPOINTED MOONLIGHT IS OFF. IT'S NOT EVEN ON HULU.COM ANYMORE. THIS FALL THEY HAVE THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (TWEEN SHOW FOR THE H.S. KIDS). SO BUMMED MOONLIGHT IS NOT EVEN ON THE AIR. THE ACTORS IN THE VAMPIRE DIARIES ARE HORRIFIC, AT LEAST THE MOONLIGHT ACTORS COULD ACT AND WERE MORE INTERESTING TO WATCH. THE WRITERS STRIKE AND ILLNESS OF THE CO-EXECUTIVE PRODUCER HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE SHOWS CANCELLATION. PLEASE RETURN WITH MORE CONTINUING EPISODES! THANK YOU!!

sorry not interested in Edward/Jacob or the Vampire Diaries. Maybe True Blood. But Moonlight had it's own appeal :(

please return back with more episodes.

August 27 2010 at 11:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jovi

My daughters and I were so sad when they cancelled the show and this was during the writer's strike. We were hoping that they will bring it back. The casts are beautiful, exp Alex O'Loughlin and Sophia Myles, good chemistry going on there. Heard it on TV that they are resurrecting it, PLEASE DO!!! Cant wait to watch it again, we missed the series and the casts.

May 26 2010 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pansies15

Moonlight did not have super low ratings, it was having good ratings for Friday night, maybe CBS should have moved it to another night. I stil hope that someone will pick it up as a summer series, Alex could do Five-0 and Moonlight. There were rumors that they offered it to him again, but there was alot of behind the scenes stuff that caused the show to be cancelled. If they do the show again, they need to make sure Alex has more input, the writers, producers, directors and creattors work together instead of against one another. I have the DVD, but I watch it on TV too.

May 09 2010 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lostlawoman

I LOVED Moonlight, and CBS was STUPID to cancel it. It wasn't given enough of a chance, just like half a dozen other great shows this last year or two. CW will get my viewership.

May 08 2010 at 2:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bill

My wife and I never missed an episode - and we are far from teenagers! We would watch the reruns - but would really like to see new episodes as well.

May 08 2010 at 12:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Annie

YES I will watch it, AND hopefully they will give in and make more seasons.

May 08 2010 at 12:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Klaire

YIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DOODLE !!! I LOVED Moonlight and am tickled pink that it is coming back. It never should have been cancelled in the first place. Sometimes those of us with slightly different tastes than the majority should get to have our shows too. Thanks for bringing it back.

May 07 2010 at 11:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Klaire's comment
Sue Tait

I must have missed something (a whole LOT, apparently!), but I have not seen the promised airing of this fabulous show. And I just cannot believe that CBS canceled Moonlight to begin with! The best show they've had in years and it's canceled??? Unbelievable! I have never heard a sensible explanation for the cancellation either...
What have I missed??

June 07 2010 at 4:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diana

Bring back Three Rivers!

May 07 2010 at 11:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BClarke686

The way CBS cancelled Three Rivers (which I really enjoyed) before it got a chance, it might happen to this new one also. Hope not, but I almost hate to start watching it so I won't miss it when it is gone, but if it goes off maybe Moonlight gets another chance there.

May 07 2010 at 11:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Crystal

I already own the series on DVD. I want new episodes. Not reruns.

May 07 2010 at 11:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply