November 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

A Defendant's Odd Behavior Cracks up Judge Joe Brown (VIDEO)

by Harley W. Lond, posted May 6th 2010 7:00PM
If we've learned one thing from countless years watching TV courtroom dramas and reality shows, it's don't act crazy in front of a judge.

But that's just what one defendant did on Thursday's edition of 'Judge Joe Brown' (weekdays, syndicated). The young man asked the judge if he could have some water, and while Judge Brown was telling him that "you're invited to fill up one of those plastic containers ... and get all the H2O you require," he grabbed a plastic cup and put it in his pocket.

Judge Brown and the audience cracked up, but the defendant didn't seem to care.

bargainbayusa

I FIND THESE TYPE OF SHOW VERY AMUSING EXCEPT FOR JUDGE JUDY * SHE IS A "REAL BITCH" & SHE IS JUST NASTY * I LIKE MANY OTHERS HAVE DECIDED TO CHANGE THE CHANNEL WHEN SHE COMES ON * I CANT STAND HER SCREAMING FITS & REALLY BAD INDECISION * ONE DAY SHE GO BY THE RULE OF THE LAW & THE NEXT DAY SHE MAKES UP HER OWN LAWS ************************************
I SHALL (AND IM NOT ALONE) NEVER WATCH HER AGAIN * SEND HER OFF TO PASTURE OR HAVE SOMEONE GIVE HER A GOOD SCREWING & MAYBE SHE MIGHT BE FRIENDLY *******

May 08 2010 at 7:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Spellfreak

Never miss Judge Joe Brown, if I can help it. Saw that particular show-----------the guy did seem like a clod. Where do they get these people anyway?

Judge Judy and Judge Joe Brown are the only "Judge" shows I watch-------------great to be a retiree after working until 70 years of age!!! The thing that bothers me with Judge Joe Brown...he lets these big mouth, broken-record-type talk over him!! There are times they get past Judge Judy as well.

And what is wrong with his deputy------she can't seem to take her left elbow off that piece of furniture to tell the overbearing, running-at-the-mouths to put a sock in it. Judge Judy tells it like it is!! SEE THE WHITES OF THESE EYES!!! Judge Joe Brown should watch her and get some smarts.

Give 'em hell!!!

May 08 2010 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeri

donna its judy shindlin not brown.hahahahaha.jaroy

May 08 2010 at 6:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

One more thing,, I like Judge Joe Brown, hes a good judge, in my opinion.
Judy Brown,, one cold woman. I dont care for her way of telling some people off. It at times seems unfair, as if shes only doing ii for the cameras.
My favorite is Judge Mathison,, I may have spelled it wrong. But he the main court judge on tv.

May 08 2010 at 5:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Donna's comment
judy

I DIDN'T SEE THE SHOW THURSDAY, BUT U CAN GIVE ME JUDGE JOE BROWN ANY DAY. I LOVE IT WHEN HE TELLS SOME TO BE QUIET AND THEY STILL BE TALKING AND HE CHARGE THEM 100.00 COMPTEMP OF COURT. I USED TO LIKE JUDGE.MATHIS HES CHANGE,I WATCH HIM SOMETIMES NOT LIKE I USED TO. AND I LOVE THE DIVORCES COURT JUDGE.I USED DIDN'T LIKE JUDGE ALEX, BUT I LIKE HIM NOW. THANK GOD I LEARN A LOT FROM THE SHOWS WHEN IT COMES TO FAMILY AND SO CALLED FRIENDS. NEVER LOAN MONEY TO FRIENDS OF FAMILY, IF U CAN'T AFFORD TO GIVE IT TO THEM. CAN'T BELIEVE SOME OF THESE PEOPLE . EVEN CHILDREN WHEN IT COMES TO THEIR PARENTS.

May 08 2010 at 6:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

The guy may have been real nervous.
Or maybe he thoought the judge meant he could have all the drinking glasses he wanted? And I am sure the poor guy was nervous.
Either way, the guy acted in a strange way, and didnt get it, when everyone else did.
Some people can be weird at times. Maybe this guy thought those plastic drinking glasses, were nice enough to take home.

May 08 2010 at 5:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ItsJustKK

Is the guy a cleptomaniac or just plain weird? I'd like to see this entire case to see what the law suit was about.

May 08 2010 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
betty

The guy was a DORK LOL imagine someone behaving like that.... didn't help him much

May 08 2010 at 5:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
z

what they have to deal with sometimes is that the pressure of cameras can cause a man to get an erection.

May 08 2010 at 5:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Sanderson

Question: Is Judge Brown the same Joe Brown who was a member of the Black Panthers, graduate of UCLA and Rhodes Scholar? I had a big crush on that Joe when he was a UCLA senior and I was a freshmen at Oxy. Just wondering!

May 08 2010 at 4:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
frisco8112

I wish people would realize that not everyone can watch videos on their PC's. I live out past the boondocks and can't get anything but AOL dial-up. Can't you please tell the readers who are in the dark what the guy did?

May 08 2010 at 4:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply