August 30, 2014

Stephen King to Guest on 'Sons of Anarchy'

by Chris Harnick, posted May 7th 2010 11:20AM
Stephen KingStephen King has been courted for television cameos before, and this time, it's actually happening: The horror author will guest on the third episode of the third season of FX's 'Sons of Anarchy' when it returns in September.

According to Entertainment Weekly, King will play a loner who appears to Katey Sagal's Gemma in her time of need. The deal came about after the producers learned the famous author was a fan of the show.

Last season, 'Sons' generated a good amount of buzz, enough to make it the second highest rated scripted cable series, averaging 4.5 million viewers per episode.

King is just one of many guest stars set to appear on the show next season. As we previously reported, Emmy-winning legend Hal Holbrook is joining the cast as Gemma's father in a highly anticipated four-episode arc.

Tell us: Will you tune in for King's cameo?

Cheryl Hurst

My husband and I have watched this show since the beginning and think it is the best drama show on tv and we're in our 60's. They could not of found a better role for Stephen King it was just fantastic.

September 27 2010 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tena

I can't wait for Sons to return, and Stephen King's appearance will double the excitement!!!

June 22 2010 at 3:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Real World

SOA is as close to the real biker world as Hogan's Heros were to WW2

May 08 2010 at 9:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SUSAN

Would not miss a show. It does not matter who is in the show. But Stephen king will make it interesting. Son's of Anarchy is my families all time favorite. Keep the shows coming please! Please ! Please!

May 08 2010 at 6:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tom

then roland, the gunslinger turned and saw.. JAX! eyes met, roland lowered his gun.."Im not wanting to face those demons in your eyes"

May 08 2010 at 2:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaki

Love, love, love SOA! Can't wait for the next season. King and Holbrook will both be assets, it would not matter who they brought into the cast, it will always be great!!!!!!! Hurry back, reruns would be nice, I'll watch those as faithfully as the new ones.

May 08 2010 at 2:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
woggie

I thought the show was too unrealistic, I lost interest. I guess I was spoiled by Dexter. But King is a super cool guy!

May 08 2010 at 1:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bobbi

FYI, Stepehn King has made apperances is several of his movies, ala Mr Hitchcock. Most notably he was one of the survivors in The Stand. LOVE SOA and cant wait to see it again!

May 08 2010 at 1:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy

Oh my God, could this show get any better? Last season ended so exciting, can't wait til Sept. to see what happens.

May 08 2010 at 12:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
moxie957

Haven't miss a show yet.....love it.

May 08 2010 at 12:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply