July 23, 2014

ABC Moves 'Happy Town' to June

by Andrew Scott, posted May 11th 2010 2:45PM
Happy TownSo much for it being a 'Happy Town.'

According to the Live Feed, the freshman mystery series, which has struggled in the ratings since its debut last month, has been shelved until Wed., Jun. 2, where ABC will begin airing the show's final five episodes on consecutive Wednesdays through Jun. 30.

A new episode of 'Happy Town' is still scheduled to air this Wednesday before the move, according to the report.

'Happy Town' premiered on Apr. 28 to dismal ratings, averaging just 5.2 million viewers and a 1.7 rating among adults 18-49. The following episode dipped to a 1.2 rating in the coveted demo, marking a 29 percent decrease.

Tell us: Are you bummed out by the news? Or was it to be expected?

SmokeySP

Why would anybody invest in watching a show on ABC. They don't give anything a chance. Wasn't gonna even try Happy Town but I herd it was pretty good so I watched on ABC.com and am now hooked and they take it away, idiots.

May 15 2010 at 9:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
llw

I really like the show, a little Twin Peaks, but easier to follow, thats my opinion, hope it stays on longer then June

May 15 2010 at 1:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dawn

ABC doesn't give show long enough to catch on. I like Happy Town and if it is only 8 episodes why don't they just finish it now? The powers that be that make these decisions need to be demoted because they obviously don't know what they are doing. At least the soaps are still on.

May 14 2010 at 4:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kimberlytobash

Max Danger from the Deadly Snakes is/was amazing in this show. He was why I tuned in and I actually liked the show. While some of the acting/lines were horrid...I see such potential for the story line. Hopefully more people watch in June and it is renewed!

May 14 2010 at 12:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peter

Wrong Nite! Great Show! How can this show follow Cougar Town? How dumb is ABC!

May 13 2010 at 9:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol

Happy Town reminds me of Twin Peaks. I do not remember any publicity before the 1st show. I just happened to watch & was intrigued. Give it a chance & some publicity so viewers will know where to find it!

May 13 2010 at 1:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jrpottorf

Happy Town wasn't particularly very happy or good either. Still, it didn't get much of a chance. I'm sure NBC has another "great" reality show in the works to fill the slot...something like Network Survivor: NBC or the NBC Empty Suits Race for 5th place.

May 12 2010 at 8:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ben

Oh well not my kind of show reason why I didn't watch happy town and I didn't like the previews either.

May 12 2010 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nan

I did like Harpers Island but it became evident that each week there would be a murder and you were just trying figure out who is actually doing the crimes. It did keep you in suspense and I did like the series. However, I really liked this one even better because there is so much going on. There is a lot to try and figure out. Kind of disappointed that we will have to wait till June to see the conclusion of this series. But that is the way the big networks work.

May 12 2010 at 2:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James of Baltimore

I had high hopes for this show but I have to admit it does bore me its done nothing like last years " Harpers Island " now that was a good mini series !

May 12 2010 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply