October 24, 2014

2010 Daytime Emmys: Nominations Announced

by Andrew Scott, posted May 12th 2010 8:50AM
As the World Turns'All My Children' and 'General Hospital' were among the top soaps nominated for Daytime Emmys this morning.

The long-running ABC soaps earned slots in the coveted Daytime Drama category, where they are joined by 'The Bold and the Beautiful' and 'The Young and the Restless.'

The soon-to-be-canceled 'As the World Turns' had a nice showing in the Lead Actor category, earning noms for stars Jon Lindstrom and Michael Park. Rounding out the category: Peter Bergman and Doug Davidson for 'The Young and the Restless' and 'Days of Our Lives'' James Scott.

Meanwhile, the soaps were equally divided in the Lead Actress category, where nominations were handed out to Sarah Brown ('General Hospital'), Crystal Chappell ('Guiding Light'), Bobbie Eakes ('All My Children'), Michelle Stafford ('Young and the Restless') and past winner Maura West ('As the World Turns').

In the supporting categories, Jonathan Jackson's big return to 'General Hospital' brought him a nomination for Oustanding Supporting Actor. Nominated alongside the three-time Emmy winner are Billy Miller ('Young and the Restless'), Bradford Anderson ('General Hospital'), Ricky Paul Goldinn ('All My Children') and Brian Kerwin ('One Life to Live').

For Outstanding Supporting Actress, the nominees were Beth Chamberlin ('Guiding Light'), Julie Pinson ('As the World Turns'), Carolyn Hennesy ('General Hospital'), Arianne Zucker ('Days of Our Lives') and 'One Life to Live's' Bree Williamson, who co-announced the nominations on this morning's 'Early Show.'

On the talk-show front, the 'Ellen DeGeneres Show,' 'Live With Regis and Kelly' and 'Rachael Ray' were nominated in the Best Talk Show (Entertainment) category, while 'Dr. Phil,' 'The Dr. Oz Show' and 'The Doctors' picked up nominations for Best Talk Show (Informative).

Bonnie Hunt ('The Bonnie Hunt Show'), Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa ('Live With Regis and Kelly'), Rachael Ray ('Rachael Ray'), Dr. Mehmet Oz ('Dr. Oz Show') and the ladies of 'The View' earned nominations for Best Talk Show Host.

PBS led the nominations with 53 total. ABC and CBS followed, with 51 and 45, respectively.

'General Hospital' was the most-nominated soap, with 18 nominations total.

The 37th annual Daytime Emmy Awards air live Sun., June 27, 9PM ET on CBS.

Pinkrosebuds

Kelly Ripa is aweful, she is another KathY Lee Gifford, which is why I stopped watching the show anyways, now I just plain can't stand it because of her...

May 12 2010 at 4:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbra

It's a damn shame that the following actors who play these cgaracters were not nominated for an EMMY.
1) OLTL, David Vickars, 2)OLTL, Todd Manning,
3) OLTL, Mitch Lawrence, 4) OLTL, Dorian Lord.
5) OLTL, Roxie

May 12 2010 at 4:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gladys

Iwill miss As The World Turns.It should be kept on and not replaced with a talk show.

May 12 2010 at 4:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gladys

I will miss As the World Turns.It should be kept on and not be replaced with a talk show.

May 12 2010 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pasch01

I will miss the bonnie hunt show...

May 12 2010 at 3:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tena

I haven't watch AMC, OLTL or GH for a few years and was quite surprised to find I no longer recognized many characters. It was a little sad, but I guess I've outgrown soaps. THANK GOD. I was addicted; had to record them while at work and watch them when I got home.

May 12 2010 at 2:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gooby

I'm SO happy that Crystal Chappell got a nom! She did some amazing work in the last year of Guiding Light despite everything (mainly the non existent budget and knowing that the show was on life support).

May 12 2010 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Billy

I'll bet CBS will replace As The World Turns with another brain dead reality show. Yes that is what America needs another reality show, talk show or news program.

May 12 2010 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ladybrendarebel

what are they going to do when they take off AS THE WORLD TURNS ?oh yea I know put on another dr.talk show or a stupid gameshow from a long time ago except with a new announcer come on CBS you can do better than that , don't you even care how the viewers feel?????

May 12 2010 at 1:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
URSULA E. MARSZALEK

BONNIE HUNT HAS A GREAT AFTERNOON SHOW...WHY ARE THEY BEING CANCELLED???? THE CREW AND GUESTS ARE ALL LIKE FAMILY. BONNIE IS A TERRIFIC HOST SHE BRINGS OUT THE BEST IN HER GUESTS.

May 12 2010 at 1:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply