December 19, 2014

'Heroes' Canceled

by Andrew Scott, posted May 14th 2010 6:04PM
HeroesNBC is no longer holding out for 'Heroes.'

According to the Live Feed, the network has officially axed the series, about ordinary people with extraordinary powers, after four seasons.

The news ends a rocky ride for 'Heroes,' which premiered in 2006 to a staggering 14.3 million viewers and a 5.9 rating among adults 18-49, making it NBC's highest-rated fall drama premiere in five years. The show continued to hit ratings gold in subsequent episodes, including its season 2 premiere, which attracted 14.1 million viewers.

But numbers fell sharply by season 3, due in part to a messy second season and the now-famous writers guild strike of 2007-08 that kept it off the air for months. Only 9.9 million viewers tuned in to watch 'Heroes'' third-season premiere, marking a 25 percent drop from season 2.

And that was just the beginning: Season 4 averaged just 6.5 million episodes, with 4.4 million viewers tuning in to its season finale, on Feb. 8.

No word yet on whether NBC will give 'Heroes' a final wrap-up.

This marks the fourth cancellation today by NBC. Also leaving the network after this season: 'Mercy,' 'Trauma' and the longrunning legal drama 'Law & Order.'

Me010

all of you people that agree with these cancelations are idiots, you wouldnt know a good show if it bit you in the Ass !

August 26 2010 at 12:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
aricu

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! HEROES.......

July 06 2010 at 5:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
deviousfate

Personally, I think NBC just made one gigantically stupid mistake. Considering how last season ended, the fans were all looking forward to seeing how the next season would go. Bad move, NBC. Very bad move.

June 14 2010 at 8:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cry Wolf

Omfg, really? This is disappointing sure the second season wasn't great and the third just kinda happened but it really picked back up in the 4th season in my opinion. This is reall stupid and I just cant believe they would leave it like this.

June 05 2010 at 12:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
terrisweety2

why cancel this show this is one of the best shows I watch.... this makes me real mad!

May 18 2010 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donny

Damnit Everytime a good show comes into view they end it, That show was awesome, season 4 was a little bit stupid but you don't cancel a show because 1 bad season, damn you nbc things where finally changing, Sylar was going good but not for long, I wanna see more you jack asses I need to know what happens, , Fuck you guys I Just Re-watched hours/days of heros to Re-cap myself and this is what you do, you wasted a few days of my life I hate you Guys! NBC you suck!!!

May 16 2010 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brett Alan

This season, I did not watch three shows which I had been a longtime fan of, but which I hadn't been enjoying in recent seasons: 24, Law & Order, and Heroes.

Obviously the producers of shows I'm still watching had better be nice to me! The Simpsons should start making episodes that are more to my liking, and Brothers & Sisters might want to show some improvement, too. B^)

May 15 2010 at 2:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ohliela

Ok it's true you either loved it or hated it, but for those of us who truly love Heroes, it is a mad love-affair even through the rough seasons and we are saddened by its loss. I hope they will at least really put the effort it deserves into a final movie to tie up all the loose strings for all of the genuine fans of Heroes. Make it explode like the first season. Heroes deserves that much. Sylar will always be my favorite and second would be the rest of the cast equally! I adore them all!

May 15 2010 at 10:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
klbarr623

just sad that this article has no emotion, if you are going to report a story that we all know is coming, then put some sort of spin on it that makes me want to read it here.

May 15 2010 at 1:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Picviewer

And this is news how? Still regret buying S1 on dvd when it came out, not even worth ebaying it.

May 15 2010 at 12:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply