November 23, 2014

'Chuck' Renewed for Fourth Season

by Andrew Scott, posted May 14th 2010 12:11AM
ChuckFirst it was Subway. Now flash mobs appear to have done the trick.

According to the Live Feed, NBC has renewed 'Chuck' for a fourth season. The show, which has been on the bubble for consecutive seasons, despite its rabid fan base, will return for 13 episodes.

'Chuck' has performed steady in its third season on NBC, though that doesn't mean its ratings have been altogether high. This week's episode, for example, drew just 5.3 million viewers and a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49, a series-low.

Elsewhere in pick-up news, the Live Feed is reporting that three pilots are likely to make it onto NBC's lineup: 'Kindreds,' from Emmy winner David E. Kelley, 'Garza,' starring Jimmy Smits, and 'The Cape,' about a former cop (David Lyons) who, after getting framed, becomes a superhero to clear his name. 'Terminator''s Summer Glau co-stars as a blogger out for justice.

Meanwhile, the fate of 'Law & Order' remains in question.

Tell us: How excited are you about 'Chuck''s renewal?

Lisa

The ONLY show we got SUPER excited about this season was CHUCK!! We are soooooo happy that we get to continue to laugh and enjoy. THNKS!

May 31 2010 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Andelman

You might also enjoy this May 20, 2010 Mr. Media interview with 'Chuck' co-star Vik Sahay, who plays Buy More employee 'Lester Patel' on the popular NBC romantic comedy and spy show. He talks about the season finale, the future of the band "Jeffster," Yvonne Strahovski, and the new movie he's filming, 'Afghan Luke and the Burgundy of Hash,' in which he plays a New York Times reporter covering the war in Afghanistan! http://www.mrmedia.com/2010/05/chuck-season-finale-preview-with-half.html

May 23 2010 at 12:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JamesC

We love Chuck and Sara and the Buymore. Live Buymoria.

May 16 2010 at 6:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill

Thank you NBC for bringing back Chuck.
Screw you ABC for "firing" Ted.
I know what station I'll be showing my loyalty to.

May 14 2010 at 8:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
reidmmcc

Love me some Chuck! Tired of "Reality shows" I know they are cheap and make money, but to parallel them with a street walker, riddled with disease. Smart, fun shows are few and far between, long live Chuck!

May 14 2010 at 7:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lita

Why didn't they cancel this show? I mean, after all, it's different, funny, entertaining.... Aren't these some of the qualities NBC looks for in shows they cancel? I am happy this one slipped through the cracks.

May 14 2010 at 7:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kat

CAPTIVATING!!!

May 14 2010 at 6:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gloria

with out a doubt one of the dumbest shows i yhave ever had the misfortune to have tried to watch once was way more than enough

May 14 2010 at 6:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susan

Love CHUCK. Like all the characters and usually a feel good ending. If I want to feel bad, I watch the news.

May 14 2010 at 6:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dkrisher0

THANK YOU NBC!!!!!!!!!! Chuck is fun, light entertainment. For ratings? What do they expect going against DWTS. I never watch those dancing clowns trying to reinvent their careers. Chuck is truly the better option for me!! THANKS AGAIN NBC!!!!

May 14 2010 at 6:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply