September 23, 2014

'Romantically Challenged' Officially Canceled by ABC

by Andrew Scott, posted May 16th 2010 5:00PM
Romantically ChallengedAs expected, ABC has officially canceled the sitcom 'Romantically Challenged,' starring Alyssa Milano.

The news was first reported last week by the Ausiello Files and seemed set in stone until Milano posted on Twitter that the announcement wasn't official. A last-minute Twitter campaign followed, but to no avail.

Mialno herself confirmed the news today on Twitter.

The series, co-starring 'Worst Week''s Kyle Bornheimer, was arguably doomed from the get-go after its premiere underperformed in the ratings. That night, the show drew 11.6 million viewers and 3.1 rating -- a disappointing number, considering its lead-in was ratings-juggernaut 'Dancing With the Stars.'

'Romantically Challenged' ends after the just one season.

In the meantime, ABC is set to announce its full fall lineup on Tuesday. Stay tuned to TV Squad for full coverage of the 2010 upfronts.

Tabitha

Why would they even cancel somethine after like 4 shows, that's not even enough time for people to start liking it. Not everyone starts the show off from the beginning, everything takes time. Put the show back on and give it TIME. Promote it more and maybe people will start watching it. I know most of my shows I watch I didn't start watching until 2nd or 3rd season. You canceled a show for ratings seriously, yeah it may be your dependence but it's a show people want to enjoy.

June 18 2010 at 12:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
K.

I did see the commercial for it and I thought "Another show patterned after Friends?"

But I thought the same thing about "How I met your mother", which turned out to be a hit.

June 04 2010 at 3:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

It was a good show. Now days they only give new shows a few weeks to make it. Years ago they gave them 39 weeks. They need more time. The big shots want instant money fast.

May 18 2010 at 5:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peter

Alyssa Milano's new show has alot of scenes that are funny amd hilarious. You can't go wrong by having Alyssa doing a sitcom series. She belongs in front of a camera. Shout out to Alyssa, If ABC doesn't want your show then sell it to another network who wants it. They only televised one or two episodes before canceling it. Your a baseball fan. What would happen to most professional baseball players if they judged them by there first two ball games in the bigs? Most of them would never have had a career in the majors. Baby doll, you're a definite major league talent that needs to appear on TV weekly. In the mean time would love to see you in a men's magazine like Maxim or FHM.

Pete Busarac
Palm Springs, Ca.

May 18 2010 at 12:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bookangel7762

I am so disappointed. I thought it was one of the funniest shows I had seen in along time. There is nothing to watch on Thursday nights prime time put it on then.

May 17 2010 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
USMarineCorpWIFE

Sorry Alyssa, I LOVE YOU...but the show wasn't working. Honestly, I was thinking you needed a couple to join your little group, and more of a sexual tension between you and the other guy (who should have been at least someone with some experience/limelight). You were the only one I recognized...which doesnt work well sometimes. You needed to have a married or seriously committed couple join your little group........and better writers!

I want you back with Holly Marie and Rose....

May 17 2010 at 7:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike Gallagher

I saw it twice and looked forward to seeing it again. I thought it was a fresh with a little "nasty" whit to it. And, Alyssa is just so beautiful to watch on TV.
I would like to see it come back, but maybe another Network. But, it needs to have another chance.
For that matter - Forgotten also needs a 2nd chance - those two shows had a lot of promise.

May 17 2010 at 6:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ingrid

I was really hoping the show would be better. I watched it, just to give it a "boot" or whatever, but it was really really really really bad. Like someone commented, the Laugh trax were too many, too often and the story lines were just kinda DUM. I WANTED it to be good. I was sorely disappointed by it. Oh well!

May 17 2010 at 4:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
johnB

Network execs are such talentless fools - this show has all the ingredients: funny, well written, with a huge babe factor to boot!(come on! it's Alyssa Milano..heLLO) IF they'd actually PROMOTED this show, instead of their lazy a*s "it's following dancing with the stars - so we don't need to" approach, this show would have become a 'friends' type hit! Oh well, Alyssa - you will be missed! Maybe another network can take over and give this the chance it deserves??

May 17 2010 at 3:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Derrel

The show was a total LOSER! which is sad because Alyssa is much more talented than she appeared on that pitifully written "comedy". Horribly horribly written and the timing was off.
Too much laugh track used too often.

May 17 2010 at 3:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply