December 21, 2014

CBS Adds '$#*! My Dad Says' to Fall Schedule

by Chris Harnick, posted May 17th 2010 4:20PM
William ShatnerCBS has picked up the Twitter-inspired sitcom '$#*! My Dad Says.'

The pilot starred William Shatner and Ryan Devlin, but according to the Ausiello Files, Devlin will be recast when the series heads to air.

The show is based on material from Justin Halpern's Twitter account. Halpern, 29, lives with his 74-year-old father and chronicles his words of advice, rants and everything in between on Twitter.

'$#*! My Dad Says' joins other CBS pickups such as 'Hawaii Five-0,' 'Mike & Molly,' 'Defenders' and the 'Criminal Minds' spinoff. For more on those shows check our report here.

CBS will debut its full schedule on Wednesday when it gives its presentation to advertisers. Keep checking TV Squad for more updates.

whome

I never cared one way or the other about William Shatner until Boston Legal. Now I will give a try to any show that he is on. So this one I will watch at least for a few shows. Too bad James Spader cannot be his son on this show because they had such fantastic chemistry and there is an almost 30 year age difference between them. I really do hope that they will be able to work together again...what a duo!

May 20 2010 at 2:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Liam

Are you listening, CBS? The tittle should simply be "What My Dad Says." "Bleep..." has no ring to it and will make viewers feel stupid when they refer to the show. "Stuff" is better, but distracts by reminding us what the actual word is. Go with "What My Dad Says," and hire me as a consultant next time, if you like! ;)

May 19 2010 at 3:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SkreemGirl

SHATNER IS THE MAN. THE SHAT-MAN. Any show he wants to do is OK by me. As a fellow Canadian and trekkie, I still love the guy.

May 19 2010 at 2:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
davo6

...sorry. This guy has some acting talent. FAR more then the CURRENT line-up of wannabe's. Acting, Music, Dance...ALL performing arts have SUFFERED the last 30/40 years from lack of ANY talented people able to pull a crowd. Todays artist are plastic, mono-tone, AUTOtuned freaks who think we OWE them for something. Give me a break. Give credit where it is due. Captain Kirk os LIGHTYEARS ahead of ANY of the current so called LEAD's. They all SUCK!!!

May 19 2010 at 1:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan C

Years ago when Shatner was living with Darcy I interviewed him for a corporate publication and I was impressed with him. But this tv show sounds as lame as that terrible show the untalented Elfman did. New York writers need to be replaced; they are out of touch with America.

May 18 2010 at 11:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PAULA

I LOVED SHATNER IN BOSTON LEGAL, HE AND JAMES SPADER SHOULD HAVE HAD THEIR ON SPIN-OFF. I WILL WATCH ANYTHING HE'S ON.

May 18 2010 at 11:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to PAULA's comment
rose

Paula, I'm so glad someone else enjoyed that series as much as I have. I missed it during the original run, so my husband and I are watching it on DVD. I thought both Shatner and Spader did a wonderful job, and they had good chemistry together. I'll at least give him a try in the new series, in case it turns out to be another Boston Legal quality series.

May 19 2010 at 3:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard Ott

Greeeaaaaat! William Shatner boldly does it again.
Only, just for the censorship department's sake,
I believe his show needs, no, deserves to be called,
"Stuff My Dad Says", because calling his show by
a curse word makes it sound like it should belong
to HBO or Showtime as a 90-minute comedy special.
Why not? William Shatner does comedy shows, too.

May 18 2010 at 10:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jenna shehe

you should watch the video footage,that proves William Shatner did not take Nadine Shatner's life.
The nice thing about having camera set up. PROVES YOUR INNOCENTS.

May 18 2010 at 10:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ralph Zuccaro

I would like to see Shatner play himself in a NON-FICTION role of HIM drownimg his 3rd wife in his private swimming pool when she was going to divorce him after he got a HUGH CONTRACT in TV land!!!

May 18 2010 at 9:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Ralph Zuccaro's comment
Kelli

Typical idiot. His wife was an alcoholic. She was drunk when she went swimming and drowned. He wasn't even home when it happened. Toxicology reports and the time of death reports confirmed it.

May 18 2010 at 10:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply