July 23, 2014

CBS Cancels 'Cold Case,' 'Ghost Whisperer' and More; 'Medium' Renewed

by Andrew Scott, posted May 18th 2010 12:28PM
Cold CaseCBS officially canceled seven series today, the Live Feed is reporting.

Among the shows axed is the Sunday-night procedural 'Cold Case,' which slipped in the ratings in recent seasons but still drew relatively decent numbers in its 10PM timeslot. 'Cold Case' ends after seven seasons on the network.

Meanwhile, in a somewhat surprising decision, CBS will bid farewell to its steady Friday-night drama 'Ghost Whisperer,' starring Jennifer Love Hewitt.

'The New Adventures of Old Christine' will also depart the network this season, though it's possible it may be saved by ABC. No official decision has been made.

Also getting the boot: the freshman comedy series 'Accidentally on Purpose.' The Jenna Elfman vehicle performed fairly well in its Monday-night timeslot, but dipped when it was temporarily moved to Wednesdays.

Rounding out today's cancellations are 'Miami Medical,' 'Gary Unmarried' and 'Numb3rs,' which was given a reduced episode order back in November.

But it wasn't all bad news today: According to reports, CBS has renewed 'Rules of Engagement' and 'Medium' for another season.

More developing ...

Brenda

this sucks you cancelled my 2 favorite shows ghost whisper and cold case now there are no good shows on friday and sunday night i hate the ones you kept they are not funny but they are stupid

May 22 2011 at 8:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sherriangel422

Oh, and whatever happened to Without a Trace, another great show

May 01 2011 at 2:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sherriangel422

The only good shows seem to be cancelled. I love Cold Case and I also like Medium and now all I see are shows imitating others and they are not as good. I always looked forward to these shows and now I hear Closer will be cancelled. What is wrong with you people.

May 01 2011 at 2:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa Wright

WHO IS SO STUPID TO CANCELL THIS SHOW COLD CASE???? I MEAN ALMOST EVERY SHOW MADE ME CRY SPECAILLY THE ENDINGS WHEN IT WAS SHOWN IN SLOW MOTION AND THE SONG BEGINS AND THE TEARS START FLOWING... I MEAN COME ON THERE ARE TONS OF WRITTINGS THAT CAN BE DONE FOR THIS SHOW SO MANY REAL COLD CASES OPEN TO BE SOLVED SO GREAT IDEAS FOR STORY LINES AVALIABLE SO BRING IT BACK.. YES I WATCH THE RE-RUNS BUT IT IS NOT THE SAME WHO DECIDED TO DO THIS COME ON BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK ALONG WITH THE OTHER GREAT SHOWS PLZ.... BUT GUESS OUR VOICE IS NOT BEING HEARD BECAUSE I SEE A LOT OF THE ACTORS/ACTRESSES ON OTHER SHOWS NOW SO PROBLY WOULDN'T GO BACK EVEN IF THEY PICKED IT BACK UP

April 14 2011 at 11:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa Wright

I ALSO FORGOT ABOUT "WITH OUT A TRACE"!! THAT WAS ANOTHER GREAT SHOW!!1 NOW STUPID NON FUNNY SITCOMS ARE TAKING THEIR PLACE AND STUPID SHOWS LIKE DEFENDER AND TRUE BLUE OR WATEVER THAT SHOW IS CALLED????? NAAAAA BRING BACK THE GOOD SHOWS NOW PLZ SOMEONE PICK THEM UP AND BRING ALL THE CHARECTORS BACK THAT BELONG ON THOSE SHOWS TOO... PLZ.....

April 14 2011 at 11:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa Wright

CBS WAS STUPID WHEN THEY TOOK OFF COLD CASE, AND GHOST WHISPER AND NUMBERS!!! THOSE 3 SHOWS WERE WORTH WATCHING AND NOW I REALLY DO NOT WATCH MUCH TV ON CBS AT NIGHTS EXCEPT FOR THE CSI SHOWS AND CRIMINAL MINDS AND CRIMINAL MINDS SUSPECT BEHAVOR THE REST OF THE WEEK SUCKS WITH SHOWS THAT ARE STUPID!!! WAT WERE THEY THINKING TO CANCELL SUCH AWESOME SHOWS????????? BRING THEM BACK PLEASE????????

April 14 2011 at 11:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris3blan

I just watched a rerun of Cold Case, I LOVE that show and so did my friends and family.I cannot belive they would take that off the air when there are so many stupid shows still on.I agree with getting rid of all those stupid reality shows.I also LOVED With OUT A TRACE what a good show and good characters just like Cold Case.And GHOST WHISPER.Who is in charge of making these decissions,obviously some who prefers corny sitcoms and stupid reality shows,BRING THEM BACK-SOMEONE ELSE PICK THEM UP-PLEASE!!!!!

April 03 2011 at 1:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris3blan

April 03 2011 at 1:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
damingodonna5

WHAT ? LET GHOST WHRISPER GO! ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS! THEN MEDIUM, THEN COLD CASE! CBS IS CRAZY! GOT GOOD BRAINS TO KEEP EXSTREME HOUSE MAK OVER ON I HOPE! BUT STILL AFTER THAT BORING TO ME AND A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE THINK SO TO!!

March 26 2011 at 7:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kay

SUPER SAD to see Cold Case go. I absolutely love everythimg about this show and they could make so many. Who doesn't wanna see cold cases solved by a superb cast? Can TNT pick up where CBS dropped the ball? I pesrsonally don't like CBS anyway and watch cold case on TNT now at 1:00 in the afternoon. Hey I can make due with watching the reruns, but would jump for joy if someone else picked up Cold Case. I would love hearing more songs that are perfectly picked for the moment.....on COLD CASE.

February 10 2011 at 4:01 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply