October 26, 2014

CW Renews 'One Tree Hill,' 'Life Unexpected'; 'Melrose Place' Canceled

by Andrew Scott, posted May 18th 2010 1:55PM
One Tree HillIt looks like 'One Tree Hill' will live on for another season

According to the Live Feed, the CW gave the longrunning series a surprise renewal order today, while also picking up the low-rated freshman dramedy 'Life Unexpected.'

This will mark 'One Tree Hill's' eighth season on the air.

Meanwhile, the CW also made room for two newbie series. First up is 'Nikita,' starring Maggie Q as a rogue assassin.

Also getting picked up today: 'Hellcats,' a new series about a competitive cheerleading squad at a Southern university. Ashley Tisdale of 'High School Musical' fame stars alongside singer-actress Aly Michalka.

And now for the bad news: The CW has decided not to renew its 'Melrose Place' reboot for a second season, according to Variety. 'Merlose' is the network's only scripted series not returning next season.

Apparently, Heather Locklear can't save everything.

David C

I watch more night time television than most people; I have 4 VCR's upon which I record most programs every night on the primary channels. I then watch them on weekends. I agree with many of the comments about the "reality shows." They are not real and are therefore impossible to watch. I love comedies, but I spend more time watching dramas. If I run out of time I skip the comedy. Therefore, it is a real shame to lose Cold Case, Trauma, Mercy, etc.

May 24 2010 at 4:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara

I hate the fact that they are taking Ghost Whisperer off the air. ABC said they will not pick up this show because they do not do "charity work". Maybe stations like TNT or USA will pick it up. As far as ABC not doing "charity work" that is fine with me because ABC doesn't have any shows that I watch. What I do not understand is "Ghost Whisperer" had such great story lines so why all of a sudden it is not doing well?

May 23 2010 at 2:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WAINISA BEVERLEY

Do not cancel Miami Medical, Trauma, Mercy, Ghost Whisperer. All of these are great shows. Get rid of the mindless reality shows like Apprentice and Survivor... If I don't get a reply of keeping my faovirte shows, I promise I will not watch any of the new shows and I will boycott all the channels that are canceling my programs. I love all these shows. They have great story lines, PLEASE keep them going and give them a chance.

May 22 2010 at 12:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robert

The networks are famous for cancelling the good shows--may give them a chance instead of pushing shows like 2 1/2 Men and the Big Bag Theory and How I Married you Mother all of them have NO ACTING whatasoever--

Shows like The Unusuals, Moonlight and Sarah Conner were cancelled--(I'm still mad about thoes)

May 21 2010 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
suzieaz

Cold case was also one of the few shows my husband and I enjoyed together. It was well written and really made people think of the consequences of crimes on many people through out their lives. Also, the guest stars were great and the music incredible. I agreee that the constant time changing of the series by the network made it hard to watch sometimes. Why do the networks keep cancelling great entertaining shows and replacing them with more reality and news shows. When I turn on my tv at night I want to be entertained and relax for awhile.
Ghost whisperer also was one of the few shows still on that I tried not to miss. It was good, open minded entertainment. I hope ABC is smarter than CBS and will pick this show up.

May 21 2010 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandi

Sorry Cold Case got the X. I love that show. When networks start shuffling time slots, good shows suffer.
Happy, happy, CW saved Life Unexpected! This is a well-written fantastic family drama. Thank you CW.

May 20 2010 at 8:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sandy q

they are canceling two of my and my families favorite show cold case and law and order. These were always interesting shows and had more in them than half the reality shows that are still on. I am with someone else who replied on here, get someone else to analize these shows and a different way of looking at them maybe these have a chance along with mercy and trauma, over the likes of medium and the others.

May 19 2010 at 3:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wofgang

One Tree Hill... why doesn't that show die already? Why god!? Why!?

May 19 2010 at 9:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Diana

I'm sadden to hear that "Cold Case" was cancelled
I loved this show it was one of the best.. I hope the network will change its mind and bring it back it's always the good ones they get rid of ..Diana

May 19 2010 at 6:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Briana

I will really miss Mercy also... as others are saying they really kept us wanting more of the episodes after this last one... Also as others are saying realty shows are boring and seem so fake...

May 19 2010 at 12:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply