September 15, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Chelsea Handler Mixes Up African-American Actors (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted May 21st 2010 6:44AM
Chelsea Handler Mixes Up African-American ActorsTelling Jay Leno about her experience at the White House Correspondents Dinner resulted in an embarrassing faux pas for Chelsea Handler. At her table, Samuel L. Jackson sat beside her and put his hand on her leg several times, she said on 'The Tonight Show' (weeknights, 11:35PM ET on NBC).

"I told him, 'No one's going to have sex with you at this table,'" she joked. "And then Betty White said, 'I'll take one for the team.'"

Cue picture of White kissing ... wait, Morgan Freeman?!

"Oh no, oh no! I'm going to get a lot of letters," said Handler. "We were talking about Samuel Jackson [earlier]. But that does sound really racist, but I'm not. Sorry about that!"

Handler recovered from her embarrassment to then divulge that Katie Couric chose tequila shots as her drink of choice that evening, and Handler had trouble keeping up.

ManicD

hey man dis here proovin y'all is racist ev a body gits 2 or 3 star an da D-Man only gits a haf a one. Y-all no's its cuz I be a Black Man. Y all aint cumin ta my house afta Brother Obama give me da key.

May 22 2010 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
comcc

I just blocked on my nephews name. And your screaming because she mixed up two men?

May 22 2010 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mauideniz

That was only considered racist because it was about an african american, if she had mixed up a white actor or actress then it wouldn't have been. I hate this fake racism shit. She mixed up the names that isn't racist, you can't even say black in public without someone thinking racist

May 22 2010 at 2:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rvertacnik

I can understand her making a little mistake. I've often mistaken her for an old bar whore when I've seen her on television.

May 22 2010 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eddie

What is up with Chelsea's hair? Woman, try getting your hair done before going on Leno.

May 22 2010 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris

Hell you sound a lot racist. By the way whites put Obama in not just black folks. Last election less than 6% of the black population voted. Blacks make up only about 12% of the U.S. population. So I guess your educated so you do the math. By your comment I guess you have trouble taking responsibility for the problems in your life; so of course blame the white race!

May 22 2010 at 1:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Red

She's an no talent unfunny mix-up!!!

May 22 2010 at 1:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ManicD

Y'alls just gelus b'cuz the brothers gittin ready ta spred the welf. and you mad cuz al be liv'n next ta shaq. No mo grass cutin fo da D-man. Its gittin close to Benz time an y'all aint gittin nun. BTW. HOW YU NO I AINT A BROTHER

May 22 2010 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Malissa

Ohhhhh... Get over it. I mix those 2 actors up all the time. I also mix up Robert Denero(sp?) and Al Pacino on a regular basis! And if you want a house in a gated community, log off, get off you butt and work for it. Obama isn't going to give you squat..he's a lame duck President who will be unemployed by Jan 2013.

May 22 2010 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HOULOU

what a total dirtbag,she has the worst show ever.

May 22 2010 at 12:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply