April 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jimmy Kimmel's Funny 'Lost' Alternate Endings (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted May 24th 2010 4:40AM
Alternate 'Lost' Endings on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'In many ways, the characters of 'Lost' have been on one long, harrowing season of 'Survivor' -- except enduring on the island is a matter of life and death, not popularity votes. Jimmy Kimmel makes this all too real with a couple of hilarious alternate endings on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (weeknights, 12:05AM on ABC).

"I'm sorry, Sayid, the tribe has spoken," says 'Survivor' host Jeff Probst, as he follows the reality-TV show's protocol and snuffs out Sayid's torch.

In his exit interview, Sayid lashes out: "I did not spend five years in the Republican Guard ... get drowned in a pond, take a bomb to the stomach on a submarine to get eliminated by Jeff [beep] Probst."

Then 'Lost' creators Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse are shown brainstorming some more series endings and come up with a parody of a parody. It's like the finale of 'Newhart' -- which itself was a spin on 'The Bob Newhart Show' -- except his wife Emily isn't in bed beside him. There's this young brunette going on about polar bears...?

kimballh53

I finally understant Lost.

May 24 2010 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
divineparasite

I'm not surprised the endings were comedy bits but how obvious and lazy can you get? Oh another "Survivor"/"Lost" comparison, cause both take part on an island. And a "Newhart" ending. Again rather lazy. And least do something completely ridiculous with the characters, don't just take two other shows and parody them.

May 24 2010 at 12:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

You folks disappointed that a comedian presented comedy... consider this: The ending has been in place from nearly the beginning. When they decided not to get Michael Keaton to play Jack, killing him in the pilot, they decided he would be the central character and that the show would end on his eye closing with him dying... Years ago.

The people that want alternate endings want what? The ending was always in place... to make a serious alternate would be pointless.

May 24 2010 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
r

whats Lost? never heard of it, is it like Gilligans island?

May 24 2010 at 12:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Garrett

I agree with richman99...I was an emotional wreck watching the final episode last night and was not in the funny mood. When I saw there was going to be alternate endings...it gave me hope in case I didn't like the way they ended the show. Thankfully they ended it extremely well...Jimmy Kimmel is dumb and unless someone is like 50 then you would have no idea where those parodies came from. I stayed up till 1 in the morning waiting for those alternates and now I feel like I wasted an hour of my life that I will never get back.

May 24 2010 at 11:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xnifex

wow you guys are harsh. I was laughing my ass off when I saw these. Did you really think they'd show true alternate endings on Jimmy Kimmel?

Just enjoy these for what they are: Lindelof & Cuse having a little fun.

May 24 2010 at 11:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pitter

i hope this whole article was sarcastic because these were not funny at all

May 24 2010 at 9:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

Man, I am so glad I went to sleep instead of waiting for this to air. What a load of crap.

May 24 2010 at 8:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply