October 21, 2014

TNT Won't Save 'Law & Order'

by Mike Moody, posted May 26th 2010 12:40PM
law & orderProducer Dick Wolf's plans to keep new episodes of 'Law & Order' on the air apparently won't involve TNT.

Despite recent rumors to the contrary, the cable network isn't interested in picking up the recently canceled legal drama for its 21st season, reports the Los Angeles Times.

The report comes as no surprise, as TNT recently announced major budget cuts for cop drama 'Southland,' the show it saved after NBC gave it the boot during its first season.

'Law & Order' ended its two-decade run on NBC on Monday.

Wolf's next move is unclear, but according to recent reports, he's dead set on bringing 'Law & Order' back for another season, which could make it the longest-running TV drama in history.

For now, fans can still expect to hear the famous "DUN DUN" sound effect with endless 'L&O' reruns on TNT, or on NBC's latest spinoff, 'Law & Order: Los Angeles,' which kicks off this fall.

fred

L&O has always been a very good show with good writers and actors. But you have to be a mature person to get into the show on a weekly basis. Most younger people don't get it because they are too immature to understand all the wheeling and dealing that goes on in our legal system. I really hope Wolf will keep the series going on for more seasons.

May 26 2010 at 11:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leigh

Please someone keep Law and Order going!! It can "fit" anywhere. And I think it could go on longer than one more year.

May 26 2010 at 10:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Denise F of Staten Island

I stopped watching L&O when Jerry Orbach left the show but when Dennis Farina showed up, well I went WOW OH WOW. Here you had a seasoned detective, handsome and well acted. I think if Wolf plays it SMART I MEAN HELLO he should hire Dennis Farina to play the captian, leutenant, etc. presiding of the team in the new L&O Los Angeles. I hope Mr. Wolf is reading this.
I think Wolf should go the USA 550 channel they would pick up the orignal L&O parent show.

May 26 2010 at 10:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pastor Loren

NBC exec's are idiots, every time they have a good show they cut it for some stupid sitcom or fake reality show. So now they want us to settle for a land of fruit and nuts L&O, guess what I would rather watch reruns on a cable net work.

May 26 2010 at 9:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David Kitsis

I have watched L & O for years and I love it including all its cast changes. I am in love with the sexy Hispanic prosecutor. MMM I want to squeeze her. Cutter does a sparkling job. He knows his lines and says them with conviction. What is wrong with you complainers? It is not very hard to change to another channel and it is legal to change channels.

May 26 2010 at 9:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill

I totally agree with Beth, the last two years have been terrible. Cutter is awful. The woman, who along with the other woman, couldn't make it on the spin off is an absolute drudge as Cutter's assistant.

May 26 2010 at 9:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

Good!!! L&O is CRAP!!! I'm glad TNT won't pick up that $#!+ show!

May 26 2010 at 9:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SEA

Love ALL the Law and Order programs! I've been a loyal fan since it began and sometimes wonder where the new programs are. I'm pretty sure I've seen almost all of the programs more than once...I hope some network picks the show up soon! Would hate to see a worthy show canceled!!!!!

May 26 2010 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shannell

i wish they would keep law & order its one of the few shows i actually watched.it seems like everytime i get into a show its cancelled pretty much soon i wont need a tv lol.

May 26 2010 at 8:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply