August 22, 2014

'Heroes' Creator Tim Kring Reveals Series Wrap-up Plans

by Chris Harnick, posted Jun 1st 2010 12:45PM
HeroesSeries creator Tim Kring hasn't given up on 'Heroes' just yet.

In a new interview with TV Guide, Kring detailed plans for how he'd like to wrap up the recently canceled superhero drama, which ended with Claire (Hayden Panettiere) throwing herself off a ferris wheel to show the world her power.

"There will be a huge cultural and social change in the world," Kring told TV Guide. "Some [of our characters] will be hiding, some struggling, some basking in the glory."

In Kring's planned TV movie or mini-series, Claire will become a spokesperson for the super-powered, something she's not exactly happy about it. Sylar (Zachary Quinto) will battle his desire to do evil, while Adrian Pasdar is likely return, but not as Nathan.

Kring is reportedly confident that he can lure back his entire cast, should it be greenlit by NBC.

"I've spoken with everyone," Kring said. "They're all eager to participate."

NBC declined to comment on the report. Kring and the network are set to meet sometime this month to discuss possibilities.

Tell us: Would you welcome a 'Heroes' conclusion or is the series best left dead?

Shark

THIS IS BULLS***!!! No wonder NBC is failing as a network. You drop a great show that people talked about all over every different public forum there is! Regardless if its good or bad talk it's still talk! You have to watch it to bad mouth it. and that's what people did! I loved this show and would very much at the absolute least like some kind of closure for the show! Just green light the damn mini series or TV movie and give the fans what we want for once! You have green lighted much worse.

October 10 2011 at 9:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
eidentaxi

We want a continuation, Action like this is why I have stoped getting into watching NBC. They seem to always drop the shows that are going great.

May 26 2011 at 2:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nsemmerud

Yes! It drives me nuts that not only am I made to wait months for the return of a favorite show, but then to find out that it has been cancelled, is too much! I was waiting for Heroes, Flash Forward and the Event and they are all gone! Who makes these decisions? Accountants? I'm sure the numbers waxed and waned on Lost or 24 and they were given time to grow. It's like throwing the baby out with the bathwater! Meanwhile, I'm stuck in Reality-TV hell!

February 08 2011 at 2:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
c1oudshine

heroes is a highly addictive show, and it has a strong following of people who STILL even though it's been almost a year since any buzz about it, want to see what happens to Claire and Peter. I think that even if the same characters stay it will still be successful. Maybe intelligent television is just dying out.

January 19 2011 at 3:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Xavrael

Here is the candid truth of why this proposed idea for a wrap up will NOT work. Heroes fell off the map because the original formula was NOT folowed. The first season portrayed a group of NORMAL people with NORMAL problems discovering they had unique abilities, and followed them as they learned to integrate those abilities into their normal lives (albeit most times unsucesfully). The second season gave a half hearted attempt at this but ultimatly failed because they erronously believed that the key to the shows success was in the actors that made the first season big.This was WRONG. Heroes was the one show on tv that NEEDED fresh faces constantly, and not just as side characters to fill in the gape of new powers, but to create new stories about NORMAL people with NORMAL problems dealing with ABNORMAL abilities. If you want to do a wrap up that will turn into a revival, throw away EVERY SINGLE ORIGINAL CHARACTER IMMEDIATLY!!! I fyou must use them bring them back on rare occasion for guest appearances as part of side stories indirectly connected the new cast members. The former cast have already made a name for themselves, let them move on to new things. Quite beating a dead horse and let some new faces captivate us once again. If you take this sound advice i will promise you that heroes will be the highest rated show once more, and as long as you refrain from making the same mistakes it will stay that way for a very long time. Sincerly The BIGGEST HEROES FAN EVER
XAVRAEL

August 22 2010 at 7:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Xavrael's comment
Shark

Man please first off people wanted the Patreli family and people wanted Clair and people wanted to see Hiro become the bad ass that we saw a glimpse of in the first season. People wanted to see Peter become a total badass with control of his powers and finally see Sylar and him face off. THAT IS WHAT I HOPED FOR AT THE END OF EVERY SEASON! The face off that we didn't get to truly see when Ando went to the future. It was only implied that they were fighting. The show fell off when they took away Peter's ability to keep more than one power. At that point he was no longer at the opposite end of Sylar's spectrum. He was just a mimic at that point. Then the next problem was that they had to much back stories and relations to why things are the way they are. Eventually you run out of back story and get to the true beginning of things. Once that happens you're left with nothing. So in comes season 4 the KILLER season. It had absolutely nothing to do with they original story from the first 3(keep in mind Xavrael this is what YOU wanted) seasons.. It brought us new faces, new abilities and new problems with people. Once this happened people lost interest.. I watched it just to see how it would turn out and because I am a die hard fan. But I hoped that somehow the 5th and final season would make this horrible season that had nothing to do with the original story make sense and tie it all together for us. But we never got that because in them trying to give us new people it failed. So you're theory would not work. They wanna fix the show for us... Then lets see this future finally that they all fight against... Let Peter and Sylar finally fight it out regardless if its Peter on the evil side and Sylar on the good... lets end it right!!!

October 10 2011 at 9:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bradlex

Please wrap it up. I don't want to be stuck with another open ended series. Jericho, Journeyman, etc.

July 16 2010 at 3:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris Brooks

I don't know what everyone is talking about? I never really looked up people opinions of the show while it was running, but I, for one, LOVED the show beginning to end! thought it was all great. and I thought it was a perfect ended. now that the word is out, the show is basically x-men with different character. the whole difference was that no one knew they existed. but I would like to see more. rather a whole season, but I'll take what I can get!

July 13 2010 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to chris Brooks's comment
Anotherfan

I agree. They don't have to produce a whole new season. I think the fans can settle for just a couple of episodes or a Tvmovie if you like. Would be nice to see how things would have evolved if the series was completed to its intended ending. Must admit i am curious.

September 04 2010 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amanda

Heroes, i will admit, has gone down hill since the first couple of seasons but i still watched like a lot of other people. For the sake of those people, a little bit of closure would be appreciated. a movie or mini series would do the trick it doesnt have to be a full season to get the point across.

I mean you can't just end the show with a cliff hanger. There needs to be a proper ending.

July 01 2010 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Max

They really can't end it without a wrap up movie or mini series. Ok, so viewing figures aren't what they were in season 1 but there are still a lot of fans who deserve to see some sort of ending to the series.

I personally thought it was one of the best programs on TV. They lost their way from time to time as any long standing show tends to do but I really enjoyed Volume 5 and was looking forward to Volume 6 until I heared it had been cut.

I think I'd prefer a mini series to end the show as there would be a lot to fit into a movie. However a movie would certainly be better than nothing.

June 14 2010 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
spinarella

I would like to see some type of wrap-up. This ending series thing on a cliffhanger stinks and feels like a slap in the face. Even if the show is not doing as well as it needs to, complete the story! That's part of writing, isn't it?

June 07 2010 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply