April 24, 2014

Liz Vassey Leaving 'CSI'

by Allison Waldman, posted Jun 2nd 2010 2:00PM
csi_liz_vassey_wallace_langham_cbsThey're breaking up the team at the Las Vegas crime lab: According to the Ausiello Files, Liz Vassey, who plays Wendy on the hit CBS procedural 'CSI,' is reportedly exiting the show after her contract was not renewed for another season.

Though a rep for CBS declined to comment, an insider told Ausiello that "the show is going in a different creative direction in its 11th season."

UPDATE: This has since been confirmed.

Considering that 'CSI' will be back for an eleventh season this fall -- in its same timeslot on Thursdays at 9PM -- the network may be looking for ways to rejuvenate the show to get a couple more years out of it. Trimming a cast of about ten to six could save money, but for longtime fans of the show, the loss of Wendy is a sad occurrence.

As one of the lab techs, Wendy was smart and funny and itching to get out on a case. Her romance with fellow-lab worker Hodges (Wallace Langham) was sweet and endearing, although now it's looking like the two won't be getting together after all.

Meanwhile, while Vassey may be leaving, it was reported in April that CBS had extended its contract with Laurence Fishburne through the 2010-2011 season.

It'll be interesting to see exactly what the new direction for the new season will be ... and if fans will approve.

Trotterhorse

That sucks, the chemistry between Hodges and Wendy, reminded me of the relationship of Nick and Nora Charles. If anything I would've eliminated David.

March 24 2011 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
blondeannie

I really miss Grisham on CSI. I like Lawrence, but...

CBS seems to have a real problem. They keep chopping up good shows.

They are really stupid getting rid if all the gal agents on Criminal Minds. I personally still miss their old boss and dont like David.

I like my ol southern gal Sela but i will miss Stella on CSI NY.

If actors are really overpaid for these hit shows well who made the deals in the first place.

All of these shows are habit forming whereas ABCs Desperate Housewives has kinda run its course and i have nearly lost my infatuation with Grays Anatomy. They are the only non cop type shows I watch

When I can I watch Show times Dexter. I liked Rissoli and Isles too.

When will the networks learn that the cast becomes like extentions of our lives and friends and we talk about them like family.

October 19 2010 at 10:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
christina knight

I was extremely disappointed to hear liz vassey is leaving the show. I was hoping they would make her a field technician like they did gregg (making her a full cast member). perhaps the powers that be will change their minds when they realize how disappointed fans are to see her go. in any case, she is a beautiful and talented actress and should have no trouble finding choice parts. good luck liz!

October 01 2010 at 9:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xxrosexofxsharyn

I like her, that's disappointing.

July 19 2010 at 3:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brenda

Mistake!!!!!!!

July 13 2010 at 8:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danny

What is CSI?

July 13 2010 at 8:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
deloris mulloy

Because of all the cast changes on all 3 CSIs, I don't watch any of them anymore. Used to be a big fan of Las Vegas and Miami. Not any more

July 13 2010 at 7:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ro

apparently she us not that important

July 13 2010 at 6:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

Bad move.......... Vassey should stay.. FISHBURNE should go.

July 13 2010 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Triple A

I will miss Liz Vassey, I really liked Wendy's role as someone who was intelligent and personable. The real weakness of Wendy was the writers who only gave her half-hearted roles, very rarely bringing her into a more exciting position on the team. Ms Vassey deserved better!

July 13 2010 at 2:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply