April 18, 2014

Chris Jericho to Host ABC's 'Extreme' Game Show 'Downfall'

by Mike Moody, posted Jun 3rd 2010 11:20AM
chris jericho downfallChris Jericho is going from tossing people out of the ring to hurling them off skyscrapers.

The pro-wrestler has signed to host ABC's new game show 'Downfall,' in which contestants answer trivia questions on top of an L.A. high-rise. If they get the questions wrong, they risk seeing their winnings, personal possessions, and even their friends and family fly off the side of the building, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

An earlier report suggested that the players themselves could take the plunge off the rooftop if they fail to answer the questions correctly.

Billed, of course, as an "extreme" reality game show, 'Downfall' will feature Jericho, seen recently on the big screen in 'MacGruber,' asking contestants questions and tempting them with different offers, 'Let's Make a Deal'-style.

ABC has given 'Downfall' a six-episode order and will debut the show alongside the season three premiere of 'Wipeout' on Tue., Jun. 22.

sabbathstanggirl

I will Defiantly watch this show i absolutely Adore Chris Jericho and all he has accomplished in his life!

March 01 2011 at 2:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ruby aka Chris Jericho\'s Girl

OMG!!!!!!!
Yay my man is hosting a game show!
Kudos to Chris!
I can't wait to see it!
You people should know that he's the best there ever is and the best there ever will be, and if you don't agree, then you don't know what your talking about!
Chris Jericho is forever #1 and will always remain in my heart!
Go Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Ruby A.

June 11 2010 at 5:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

Another Jarrett nickname: the guy who's glad Hogan's in TNA as no one will think of him as the backstage Satan there.

June 04 2010 at 11:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

Wait now that I think about it, With a title called " Downfall" who else to host the show than " The Rock" Always pitching his catch phase, Are you ready to put the SMACK DOWN? haha Now that would deff be funny to see. And more importantly, I think he has the charisma to pull it off.

June 04 2010 at 11:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

I rather see STEVE AUSTIN host the game show...Now that would be brilliant.

June 04 2010 at 11:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John padrick murry

this is crazy a show like that.

June 04 2010 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

This show won't even last. It hasn't even aired yet but it won't last. Not with Y2J hosting it anyway. Look at past game shows that tried to make a run for it. I been a wrestling fan since the glory days of Superfly/ SGT Slughter and the alike. but it was when they lost Owen I stopped watching it for the most part. Chris is deff funny in the ring, And his book was well written and funny. But as a game show host. Sorry it just won't last.

June 04 2010 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jrc92587

hey joe jeff jarrett's nickname is double j, the chosen one or king of the mountain. Jericho's nickname is y2j or lionheart. Are you even a wrestling fan ? As for the show sounds intresting.

June 04 2010 at 10:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jayme

I am seriously excited about seeing Jericho host this show! He is an incredibly talented individual who has showcased talents not only in the WWE ring, but also as a musician, and an author whose book was both well written and funny. Chris is well spoken on the mic and I've found him enjoyable to watch on the wrestling programs and on his many ventures with guest hosting and commentary spots on Vh1. I'll definitely be checking out this new show, it's an interesting concept and I think they'll garner a lot of fans - like myself - that are interested in seeing WWE superstars and divas branch out to work on other projects they're interested in. Good move ABC ~ here's to hoping you're new show is a hit!

June 04 2010 at 9:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
john wilson

he cant even intertain on the mat

June 04 2010 at 9:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to john wilson's comment
James

Only a HYPOCRITE would say that. ;-)

June 04 2010 at 10:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dunk

'intertain'? you dimwit, get an education....or as you would put it, ejucashun. And it's not like the 'e' and the 'i' are close to each other so it's not just a typo. Sorry, but idiocy bothers me.

June 04 2010 at 10:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply