September 30, 2014

HBO Cancels 'The Life and Times of Tim'

by Mike Moody, posted Jun 4th 2010 1:20PM
life and times of tim hboHBO has canceled 'The Life and Times of Tim,' but the show's producers hope to resurrect the offbeat animated comedy on another cable network.

MRC, the company behind the series, is pitching 'Tim' to Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, TBS and other cable nets. According to Deadline, more than one outlet is interested in picking up the show. The pickup deal would include all existing 20 episodes and a potential new season.

The series was originally produced for Fox in 2007, but the network passed on the pilot. Comedy Central showed some early interest, but HBO eventually gave the show a 10-episode order in 2008.

Writer/director Steve Dildarian's series, about a New York nebbish (voiced by Dildarian) who hangs out with shady weirdos and stumbles from one awkward situation to the next, aired for two seasons on HBO, picking up a decent cult following and earning generally positive reviews from critics.

Bob Saget, 'Curb Your Enthusiasm's' Jeff Garlin, Daniel Tosh and Cheri Oteri have all contributed voice work to the show. The season two ender featured Alfred Molina as the UK head of the corporation Tim works for and Philip Baker Hall as a drunken novelist who encourages Tim to become a writer. HBO aired the finale in April.

lawrence fishberg

OH NO!....NOW I AM GOING TO HAVE TO GO BACK AND THINK ABOUT MEANINGFUL STUFF IN MY LIFE!

June 05 2010 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lbl

I loved this show and so did my son. Hope someone
picks it up. Very quirky comedy.

June 05 2010 at 11:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jwb

good riddence..some more of those idiotic non-sence shows should be cancelled

June 05 2010 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dara

I hope someone picks this up its a great show! HBO are idiots

June 05 2010 at 8:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pasha

This is one of the funniest shows on television! So saddened right now.

June 04 2010 at 8:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony DIMeo

this sucks I thought HBO was smarter than this Well it would fit right in on Adult Swim or Com central

June 04 2010 at 6:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jboursaw

Bummer! I love this show.

June 04 2010 at 3:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Borat

Still haven't seen Season 2, but season 1 was excellent.

June 04 2010 at 2:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jonathan

I loved season 1. It was hysterically awkward.

Season 2 lost me. The first episode wasn't great. The second episode wasn't great. I gave up.

June 04 2010 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jonathan's comment
GL

I felt the same. It lost me.

June 04 2010 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
M-D

Adult Swim is Cartoon Network, not Comedy Central.

June 04 2010 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply