September 3, 2014

'Weeds' Season 6 Trailer: Nancy Botwin's Crazy Ride (VIDEO)

by Jane Boursaw, posted Jun 8th 2010 6:30PM
Weeds Season 6 Trailer, Mary-Louise ParkerWatching the season 6 trailer for 'Weeds' makes me remember how much of a serious GIRL-CRUSH I have on Mary-Louise Parker and how much I've missed the show. It seems like years since the season five finale, 'All About My Mom,' but it was just last August. Thank goodness Showtime isn't going to make us wait another year or two for season six. It premieres Aug. 16.

Based on the season 6 trailer below, it looks like 'Weeds' is getting a much-needed reboot. I was looking over my reviews from last season, and wow, you guys were not happy with me, because I just wasn't digging the show at all.

But many of you agreed with me that season 5 left something to be desired. The Nancy-Esteban pairing dragged the show down, and much of the whimsy I loved at the beginning of the series was gone. But I'm super excited about the re-boot and can't wait for it to start. We'll see if Nancy gets her misguided mojo back.

My dream ending for the season 5 finale involved Andy and Nancy gathering up the kids, piling into whatever vehicle was handy, and getting the heck out of Mexico. Those two belong together, and there's a slim possibility it could happen now that Nancy has "ditched" Esteban.

At least, it looks like she's ditched Esteban, since the trailer shows her tossing her handgun, passport and cell phone (with "Esteban" blinking on the call-in) into the hole, along with a bobblehead Jesus camera (presumably the one from Guillermo's drug den) and a croquet mallet (presumably the one Shane used to knock Pilar over the head with).

Gone, all gone, tossed into the hole Nancy dug with a shovel in the Southwest landscape while decked out in her skin-tight black dress and oh-so-chic black ankle-wrap platforms (I'm guessing Steve Madden; shoe mavens weigh in, please).

Uh oh, here comes the cops. Time for Nancy Botwin to hit the highway once again. According to The Ausiello Files, she's headed north to Seattle, where she'll brush up against an eco-conscious pot grower (Linda Hamilton), who along with her life partner Fiona, will give Nancy a helping hand. Or not.

Elizabeth Perkins has vacated her role
as alcoholic mom Celia Hodes, but 'Prison Break' alum Peter Stormare has signed on as a hot-tempered German chef who butts heads with his new dishwasher, Andy. I so cannot wait to see Andy again; surely one of the nuttiest, most laissez-faire characters on the tube right now.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I absolutely love this trailer. It's moody and dark. It brings in the previous season and sets up the new season. And in the process, it also gets right to the heart of the show -- Parker's kooky, fashion-conscious, croquet-mallet-dodging Nancy. Head north, girl. We'll ride along.

Nibbles

Come catch up on and watch new episodes of weeds here for free. http://www.watch-weeds-season-6.com/

August 17 2010 at 8:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

I hope Celia is in at least the first episode, cause I want to see the b*#@h get killed off, not just explained away by dialogue or something.

June 09 2010 at 10:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bruce

Gotta agree with collin. Some people just stand by something no matter how crappy it gets. Loyalty is great with friends and family, but when you're so loyal to a TV show I think it says a lot about what's closest and most important to you in your life. Last season of Weeds was just horrible TV. There was not a single redeeming thing about it, though yes, M-L Parker is still hot. Whatever, try to find a TV channel not showing hot women. You can even see that in commercials.

The first two seasons of Weeds were classic, season 3 was just okay, season 4 went to shit, and season 5 was somehow even worse. I'm not even watching Season 6. ("Then shut up and go away we don't need to hear from you if you're not gonna even watch it!" Neener neeener... screw you.)

I too will just be waiting for Dexter, though I'm very nervous about the upcoming season with the tenuous way they left off at the last season and the fact that Clyde Phillips, Dexter's showrunner since the beginning, decided to quit. If Quinn is not going after Dexter, obsessed with him being suspect numero uno in Rita's murder, the show will have failed right at the outset.

June 09 2010 at 1:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mb

People are delusional. What show DON'T you like if you think that recent seasons of Weeds are great?

Weeds has "witty writing"? Oh please. I'd hate to see what you'd think of shows like Breaking Bad or Dexter.

This show has crashed, burned, died and rotted since the end of Season 2. They've made the characters bumble along while creating nothing funny or original as far as the writing goes.

This show should've been cancelled a while ago. I can't wait for Dexter to come back.

June 08 2010 at 10:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tool

Weeds is a GREAT show. Amazing how it has evolved and keeps getting better and better. S05 was terrific, with some wicked witty writing.

June 08 2010 at 9:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ricky19

really? i thought season 5 was the best after the first 2 seasons, but it felt different because it was very little about weed and more about them

June 08 2010 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply