April 17, 2014

Sarah Drew Gets 'Grey's Anatomy' Promotion

by Laura Prudom, posted Jun 9th 2010 2:34PM
Sarah Drew - Getty ImagesThe cast of 'Grey's Anatomy' is starting to resemble the mythical many-headed Hydra; ditch two actors, two more will spring up to take their place.

Though the ABC drama lost original castmembers T.R. Knight and Katherine Heigl this season, the Ausiello Files reports that Sarah Drew has just been promoted to series regular for next year.

An 'Everwood' alum, Drew joined the cast at the beginning of season six (along with many others) as a result of the Seattle Grace-Mercy West merger, although fans have been less than welcoming of her neurotic, McDreamy-lovin' character April, who was fired and rehired over the course of last season as a scapegoat for a surgery gone wrong.
The news of Drew's beefed up role comes just 48 hours after ABC announced the promotion of Drew's co-star and fellow-Mercy West holdover Jesse Williams, who will also star as a series regular in season 7.

A former model (with very nice eyes, right?) Williams plays Dr. Jackson Avery, who has enjoyed a slightly warmer reception than April among fans. But now that the Mercy Westers have full-time contracts, expect show creator Shonda Rhimes to work her character magic to turn the pair into our new favorite Seattle residents -- hey, it worked for Lexie Grey (Chyler Leigh).

The seventh season of 'Grey's Anatomy' will premiere this September on ABC; will you be watching?

Barbara

Just call her McCreepy

June 10 2010 at 3:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carol

Isn't anyone bothered by the fact that sickening "Lexie" and this new one look so exactly alike??? They even act alike,whiney, whiney, whiney, Who needs two of them? Get rid of BOTH of them.

June 10 2010 at 2:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sienna

Not impressed with April. (Sarah Drew) They should drop her. I barely know who she is on the show!

June 10 2010 at 2:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sylvia

They're kidding, right? This actress (AND HER CHARACTER) are downright agitating. I wished so much that shooter in the finale popped her one. Now we'll have to endure her endless whining and copping out of tough situations. Ugh!!!

June 10 2010 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tchatfab

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who absolutely cannot stand this character!! I was also hoping she would be one of the victims of the shooter and be off the show. Now she's a regular? Ugh... big mistake in my opinion.

June 10 2010 at 1:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

Do not like this actress or this character!

June 10 2010 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deborah Trimm

I'm not sure, if I'll watch season 7, last year tooooooo much DRAMA, not enough meat around the story line. What's going to happen to Yang's character, love interest???I hope there's a Dr Dreamy and the head of the hospital...........

June 10 2010 at 11:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Milissa

she is extremely annoying! He is FINE! And a decent actor.... let's remember they are not real people!!! Just actors!

June 10 2010 at 11:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yep

Cancel this annoying show.

June 10 2010 at 11:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to yep's comment
M. Kaiser

I agree. This is one TV show that I just can not watch. In fact when it is on (my wife and daughter just love it) I have to leave the room, as it makes me want to vomit. All the stupid drama, sex in the closets, and that annoying music that always cues up in the background. Please, please, please... someone cancel this fake hospital drama or at least move it to a women's cable channel!!

June 10 2010 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laurel

Oh why couldn't they have just shot her character?

April is NO Little Grey. I can't imagine how the writers are going to get us to care about April. All though, when she was telling the shooter about herself you knew right away it was something from Oprah.

June 10 2010 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply