September 23, 2014

James Franco Talks About Returning to 'General Hospital' -- Possibly Again and Again (VIDEO)

by Maggie Furlong, posted Jun 11th 2010 11:00AM
James Franco on 'General Hospital'Franco is back in Port Charles, and just like last time, the mysterious artist with the creepy theme song and the penchant for murder is up to no good.

'General Hospital' was ecstatic (and probably just as surprised as we all were) to welcome Emmy-nominated, Golden Globe-winning actor James Franco into the fold a few months back, and with the June 30 return of his murderous, scheming, familiarly named character Franco comes the return of some explosive storylines. "I am probably more excited about this than most things I've done," Franco admits.

I sat down with the real Mr. Franco to find out what the fake Franco is up to this time around. He shared a bit of his master plan, the art show-slash-bait he's working on and what the fan reaction has been like. He even answered the question on everyone's mind: Will he return to the show again? You've gotta watch to find out.

Vince

PLEASE don't bring back Franco! I've been watching GH since 1981, and the Franco storyline is one of the worst they ever had. Jason, arguably one of the best ever characters on the show, was scared of this loser? And those stupid "clues" hidden in his paintings? Like he's the Riddler on the 1960's "Batman" show. The only halfway decent thing in the Franco story was the tie in to Ronnie's past, which sort of explained his desperate attempts to keep Dante from forming bonds with Sonny and the boys.

June 14 2010 at 11:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pen

GH You should make Franco related to Jason in some way. Franco, I dont think you are an imposter. I think you are intreging. GH you should have Sonny Ignore Christena with her schems and make here go crazy. Do not encourage here to be stupid. GH you should have make michael study law while in prison he did not learn anything?

June 14 2010 at 8:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
selma Burkhart-Haddad

Can someone please tell me how old Helena is ?

June 14 2010 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PIZZA

For 40 years I've watched GH on and off. That's an impressive amount of time for a show to entertain enough to remain on the air, wouldn't you think?

Franco's character is very intriguing and definitely worth watching. GH keeps up with the crazy changes in time. I have a great job and work hard; have a great family I take great care of and I find time to watch GH when I can. Luke, Tracy, Nikolis, Helena, Lucky, Lulu, Maxi and (my Favorite - Spinelli), also Sonny and his kids are always very compelling. Bring on Franco and Brenda! It's a good escape for an hour.

June 14 2010 at 3:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pat

Have been watching GH since the 60's......yes I am hooked but GH is getting very boring, and I mean very boring.......I am glad something has got to give and I hope it is not Jason..........I know that GH will not be the same without him....I was hoping that Sam got pregnant, even though they said she could not and has Jason's baby.............

June 14 2010 at 9:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janet Mellon

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE JASON AWAY. Jason and Sonny have been my lifeline ever since I had breast cancer and had to watch daytime TV=you have no idea how much these two have given me courage.

June 14 2010 at 9:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jc

NO JASON!! NO ME.HOWEVER THAT'S NO REFLECTION ON FRANCO.TOO BAD HE'S A BAD GUY.

June 14 2010 at 9:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jc's comment
June

If Jason is taken off the show, I will not be watching GH anymore. I have watched this show for more than 30 years, but will be gone for good. Franco is not needed, did not like that part of the storyline.

June 14 2010 at 9:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jackrmor

I hate this Franco crap!

June 14 2010 at 8:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
M A Sanko

The wghole Franco s/l was so bad........... GH andd it's writers are in dry dock with very stupid s/l Now they bring back Brenda WRONG she cannot save them, the head writer Mr Guza and producer Ms Farren-Phelps are losers GH has not had a good rating since they mad Sonny a class A-one jerk and took the one thing that made Maurice Benard look good Megan Ward replaced by a very BAD actress Lisa LoCiero it is soooo bad I for one have stopped watching after 35 yrs.

June 14 2010 at 8:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bev

Franco is a mystery character and a good story line. I hope the producers realize if they take Jason off the show they will lose a massive amount of viewers. Jason is a strong character and one that is very much needed on the show. I have been watching the show for about 30 years and if Jason is taking off I will realize GH is not what it use to be or what it should be and will not watch the show anymore.

June 14 2010 at 7:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply