October 20, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'The Real Housewives of New York' Have a Very Catty Reunion (VIDEO)

by Oliver Miller, posted Jun 11th 2010 3:40AM
'The Real Housewives of New York' Have a Very Catty ReunionThe season may be over, but the cattiness continues. 'The Real Housewives of New York City' (Thu., 9PM ET on Bravo) got back together for a very special episode -- and fighting was the result.

[Spoiler alert.]

Housewives Jill Zarin and Bethenny Frankel continued their ongoing feud, and it got so bad that Jill ended up walking out of the room. While talking a mile-a-minute, Bethenny takes it upon herself to explain everything that she feels is wrong with Jill. But Zarin seems hurt by all the insults. "Life is so short," she says to Bethenny. "And we had something really good." Then, she starts tearing up.

After starting to cry, Jill leaves the reunion special because she just can't take it anymore.

Whose side are you on here? Are you going with Jill or with Beth? And if we could unleash our own inner cattiness for a second -- what was the deal with Bethenny's dress? It was really really ugly. There. We said it.

MARGE

SCARF AND BARF - FETAL ALCOHOL SYNDROME - NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT - A 4 POUND PRODUCT PLACEMENT PREEMIE - THATS JUST BETHENNY TELLING IT LIKE IT IS ! We all need diet advice from the Karen Carpenter of reality tv...

June 20 2010 at 11:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
syd3

As we must do with Kelly, so we must do with you (Marge). Qualify your declarative statements: you state Bethanny was anorexic -- how so? Do you have proof? Are you drawing a link to her preterm baby and anorexia? Again, quantify (physiologically). Are you basing your statements on the fact that she lost ~30 pounds in the initial four weeks postpartum? I did -- and so did an acquaintance -- and with zero physiological/anatomical aberrations).

Are you upset with the manner in which both Kelly and Jill presented? Indeed, the far majority of BRAVO viewers certainly are -- and we are responding to such in record numbers -- particularly as media manipulation is Jill's arena.

What mental health issues with respect to Bethanny are you referencing? Again, please qualify and use exact phraseology. Certainly she can cognitively process almost any of her associates/acquaintances under the table. Take your time.

June 19 2010 at 7:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laureen Bertrand

I'm leaving this site, Kelly Bensimon's twin is on it now. Bye cukoo for cocoa puffs. Good-Luck. Bye the way, if your twin, the real cukoo for cocoa puffs (Kelly) is allowed back on RHNYC next season, I won't be watching as that'll prove that BRAVO is definitely exploiting someone who has a serious mental illness & I just can't support this type of exploitation. If she needs the money, she should be sent to or sign up for Celebrity Rehab as I stated before. LOL

June 17 2010 at 10:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MARGE

Normal people dont have to trap a person into a long term relationship- Bethennys control issues- are far more grave than any of Kellys break down's - Bethenny is aware knows what she is doing and very detailed about all of her actions. Thats why her so c alled surprise pregnancy had to be thought out- just as all of her people user ploys. People users like her are more dangerous. Bethenny fits the profile of a classic Mooch Hustler by proxy disorder. She scarfs barfs - has no friends because of people loser user status. has a child to trap a guy- to abuse with over kill control untill the guy will have no other option but to run. when Jason the dweeb has to run for his life thats when the baby will become ill all of the time.People like Bethenny show themselves out sooner or later. She thinks she is all that right now and will pop off at the bIG jAW at Jason - treat him like garbage untill he breaks down. Than the true tell all will come out and WE CAN ALL SCREECH lol AND CACKEL I told you so like Bethenny did on the Posion Island episodes !! That scene is right around the corner. Sooner or later someone will spill it about Drunk arexic Bethenny.

June 17 2010 at 11:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MARGE

Bravo wants everyone to pretend they are ok with a drunk arexic jerk starving a baby during an entire pregnancy. Rahter than focus on Bethennys many mental issues its better to bash kelly. Bethenny believes her own myth and thinks millions of people support her- LETS TALK NUTSO!

June 17 2010 at 11:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rj

Lauren, When does it end. Bethanny is still my favorite but there is no excuse for overlooking someones serious illness, especially someone you were so close with. Only in the face of diversity can you tell a true persons character.

June 14 2010 at 3:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to rj's comment
Laureen Bertrand

rj,
You're sooooo right about that one!!!

June 14 2010 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
syd3

I find myself far more drawn to the characters of Alex, Bethanny and Simon than those of Jill and Luann (I can only offer up a sigh with respect to Kelly). This attraction is based upon the sum total of character interactions accrued from seasons one and two of RHNYC. This being said, I can most certainly respect those whose opinions vary from mine. Keep watching ....

June 14 2010 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rj

Bethenny, as a mom i was so proud of you and how you evolved from your past. You were my favorite but i have to say i am so disappointed how you attacked Jill. You know you are abrasive at times and you need to curb that. She didnt deserve that. I dont know what you are really like in person but you portray being abrasive with your husband also. Lighten up if he wants his friend to stay over. Peace

June 14 2010 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to rj's comment
Laureen Bertrand

rj,
Did you miss the episode where Bethanny was crying & telling Jill she was sorry, that she didn't mean to hurt her intentionally, & that she loved her and their friendship, and that she wanted to start over? Jill's response,"Oh,I can't do this. I'm being ambushed". Then LuLu pulling her away from Bethanny to a supposed waiting car downstairs. Jill should've taken her husband's advice when they had lunch! Jill shut Bethanny down on numerous occassions when she tried to apologize. Bethanny on the otherhand, still proved to be the bigger person in the end, & did agree and met Jill for lunch! It may not have been the ending Jill hoped for, & I think it takes a lot of b*lls for Jill to say that B shouldn't just shut her out like that and she should at least forgive her. What? Are you kidding me?

June 14 2010 at 12:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michelle

It hard enough to have a friendship go sour, but to have it go sour so publiclly, terrible. I am guessing the only real friends on this show when this show started were Jill amd the buggy eyed lady and Jull and Bethanny. Sad, sad, sad. Very hurtfull all around. Losing friends is hard..the process of it happening is hard. And when your an exstablished adult, you just expect your friends to be their for you always. The problem truely is communication. Then sensitivety falls in and complicates it all. I know I'm going through this myself...it hurts.

June 14 2010 at 11:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandra Kelemen

Jill takes absolutely no responsibility for her behavior. Bethany is no angel either, but Jill is a back-biting bulldog, and for some reason thinks she's O.K. Jill get a clue, you're mean and spiteful and to say you "love" Bethany is ridiculous. People don't "love" people they're that mean toward. These women are so empty, the whole show is to show women how NOT to be toward one anaother.

June 14 2010 at 1:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Sandra Kelemen's comment
Laureen Bertrand

Sandra,
You're so right about many of the things you said!
There were some,I believe,sincere,kindhearted,moments
during this season,to give these ladies(?) some credit.I was wondering if they get to watch all the episodes themselves before they film the reunion? I'm baffled that LuLu says on the reunion#1,"I told Kelly not togo.I knew she would be a little helpless rabbit among these women ganging up on her". LuLu, did you
only watch your cd launch premiere over,& over, and
over??? Kelly went on the trip intentionally to ruin
it for everyone, started s@#t, then ran off to call
Jill & report nothing but lies! Ramona is a Saint to
forgive Kelly,on any level,for ruining what should
have been a beautiful trip. If Kelly stays in denial
about her problem(s), & does not leave the show & seek the help she needs, she then, in my opinion,
should pay Ramona at least 1/2 the total cost of this
trip! Honestly, I think Ramona,Bethany,Alex,& Sonja
were all Saints on that trip, I might have been inclined to throw Kelly overboard right from the get
go,you know,if these BRAVO producers like all the
drama for the ratings & stuff!!! I'm looking forward
to seeing how the reunion tonite plays out! We can
discuss it all later. Bye for now.

June 14 2010 at 9:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply