April 20, 2014

Syfy Renews 'Ghost Hunters' for Season 7

by Allison Waldman, posted Jun 14th 2010 9:40AM
ghost_hunters_taps_syfyBoo! No, that wasn't 'Casper the Friendly Ghost.' Rather, it's news that 'Ghost Hunters,' one of Syfy's most popular franchises, has been renewed for a seventh season.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the show has received a 25-episode order, the same as season 6. As usual, Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson, leaders of The Atlantic Paranormal Society (TAPS), will return for more investigating.

'Ghost Hunters' is the network's longest-running program. The paranormal investigation series has captivated viewers since its premiere in 2004, prompting two off-shoots, 'Ghost Hunters Academy' and 'Ghost Hunters International.'

Ratings for season 6 averaged 2.6 million total viewers, helping Syfy to win 'GH's' timeslot.

Karen

I had an off-the-wall observation that probably isn't answerable since the technology isn't available, but I always wondered:

If what our eyes perceive to be comprehended as a "ghost" is, for a lack of a better term, a form of energy that is obviously different that our own "solid" form - if we see them (usually) as a "light energy" from our own "energy" point of view, what do we look like to them?

In their "dimension/energy field" do WE look like the ghosts, do you think?

I drive myself crazy sometimes.

July 15 2011 at 8:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James

I won't beat around the bush here. 1 major criticism I have about Ghost Hunters and it's international counterpart is the annoying atmospheric crap they play. There is simply no need for it, and it's off putting. It makes the show look cheap and amateurish.
Otherwise it's a fantastic show, they go into it to debunk stuff and anything left unanswered is probably paranormal. The other 2 shows I can't stand, talk about fakery. Ghost Lab recently got canceled. Not surprising when they can't even get the names of places correct and then make stuff up right on screen in front of you. Such as the Tombstone episode. http://www.talkparanormal.com/thread-3084-page-1.html?highlight=tombstone They claimed to have seen a shadow person, yet all it was of course is a grave with decorative iron wrought fencing. You will see what I mean above. They call themselves paranormal experts and failed to notice the iron wrought fence? That would be impossible, they knew it was there and decided to sensationalize it, the worst part was the following day they where so pleased with themselves, and right there in front of you was the exact same wrought iron fence. Thank god it was canceled. Those guys gave a very bad name to these paranormal shows...next up time to get rid of GH academy and the other faksters GA

February 04 2011 at 1:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kelley

Unlike a lot of "ghost hunters," the TAPS team goes in, at no charge, with the attitude that they can debunk the claims. Same with "Paranormal State." The only teams I trust are those that approach ghost hunting from a scientific point. Discovery Channel's "Ghost Lab" is a crock. I do enjoy the Travel Channel's "Ghost Adventures," but more for the entertainment than the truth of ghost hunting. I know many people that say ghost's don't exist. Well, if you believe in angels, you can't NOT believe ghost's exist.

September 05 2010 at 4:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stephanie

I agree with Susan..I think Most Haunted is all about the screaming(I think thats why they keep Cat on the show!!)Ghost Adventures is boring and seem to go to the same places that Ghost Hunters went to.Another channel had paranormal cops on..it was good but haven't seen it since..and for ev1 who doesn't like it...TURN THE CHANNEL!!!

June 14 2010 at 8:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
\"orange\"

I have seen one episode of Ghost Hunters Academy and that show is SO fake!!!
The REAL one to catch ghosts is; Ghost Adventures. Its 3 guys that just have hand held cameras and EVP's and they are locked in places from dusk til dawn. Some things are really eery. For that show, you DO see and hear ghosts. For Ghost Whisperer, I read that one is cancelled.

June 14 2010 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KAY

I Miss Brian.He really added alot to ghost hunters.I too enjoy visits to real people's homes instead of prisons etc.Agreed "most haunted" is really stupid! How loud can you scream down an empty hall way.Ghost adventure is probably the worst next to that one I've ever seen and I don't really care for Ghost Hunters Ac.It's like "ghost hunters--lite". I agreee since the beginnings ghost hunters has lost it's ZIPP. I do think in part it has something to do with Brain's departure.He brought sort of an innocent wonder to it all but I do think he was serious about what he was doing as well.Also he brought some needed fun and silliness to the show.I really do miss the old days. I'll watch it I suppose for as long as I can but do know many people who have dropped off. Some saying there is too much debunking

June 14 2010 at 6:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris

Each time someone publishes a "worst movies of all time" list, I want to reply 'any movie that has the tagline(s) " A syfy channel exclusive" or A syfy channel presentation". This "ghost show" only adds to the ridiculous line up for the channel. I would love to have a job where I never get results, while running around in the dark. And, each episode ends with the same comments..." While we did not prove/disprove...."

June 14 2010 at 6:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scootrbum

Six seasons and they haven't done anything but, scream and shout. I guess some people will watch almost anything.

June 14 2010 at 5:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tg7357

These guys are too d@mn noisy to be good ghost hunters!! They talk too much and sound like elephants in every building they go into.

June 14 2010 at 5:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply