October 21, 2014

MSNBC Developing 10PM Show for Lawrence O'Donnell

by Andrew Scott, posted Jun 15th 2010 5:20PM
Lawrence O'DonnellAccording to a press release, MSNBC is developing a new 10PM show that will star actor/writer Lawrence O'Donnell ('Big Love').

In a statement released today, O'Donnell, who has been a political analyst for MSNBC for over 10 years, said, "I've had a part-time job at MSNBC for 14 years. Now that the network and I have gotten to know each other, I'm thrilled to be going full time."

"Lawrence O'Donnell is an incredible talent, who our audience has gotten to know throughout the years, most recently as Keith Olbermann's principal guest host on 'Countdown.' It's great to have another anchor of his caliber on the network," said Griffin. "This makes us a bigger and better network," added Phil Griffin, President of MSNBC.
O'Donnell is a regular face on MSNBC, having served as guest host on such shows as 'Countdown With Keith Olbermann,' 'Harball With Chris Matthews' and 'The Rachel Maddow Show.'

He previously won an Emmy for writing and producting the NBC mega-hit drama 'West Wing.'

oyaat2

I love watching Lawrence O'Donnel. He's smart, intelligent and edgy. As an African American woman, I'm proud to say that, this is one man whom I believes, think before he speaks, has something to say, and brings more credibility to MSNBC. I trust Lawrence O'Donnel to tell us the truth. Congratulations to him. He deserves the promotion.

Robbie

June 23 2011 at 5:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

Dear baobeiniu0,

"Mr. Ed who is a horses ass,a used bull dyke lesbian, and a guy who couldn't make it as a sportscaster." I agree with you on Mr Ed, but you're WAY off on Rachel and Keith.

Rachel is the most insightful person they have at MSNBC. She never makes things up because they sound like something people want to hear, and she goes out of her way to speak the truth about what's going on in the world.

I'll grant you that Keith is kind of out there with some of his comments, but do you ever watch Monday night football? If you do, then you know he's STILL in broadcast sports.

Even though you're WAY off-topic bringing the World Cup into this discussion, may I suggest you shut off MSNBC and go watch the games? Or Faux News.

June 21 2010 at 12:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

Great news! Love O'DONNELL.

He's crazy all right, as Mornin' Joe's host asserts. Crazy like a FOX!

You go, Lawrence! ;)
Mary from CT

June 21 2010 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary

Good for you MSNBC Lawrence is Great.

June 21 2010 at 8:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
james

dosent matter noone watches MSNBC Loser network

June 21 2010 at 8:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nabil Al-Murabit

I think Lawerence is cool, but I'm still kind of leary regarding comcast's stake in NBC/Universal. I'm hoping that they maintain the current slate of shows, with their slightly progressive bent to them. I guess I'll have to wait and see

June 21 2010 at 8:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Glenn

Just another loser!MSNBC has got nothing except a guy who gets chills when he is around the annoited one,Mr. Ed who is a horses ass,a used bull dyke lesbian, and a guy who couldn't make it as a sportscaster. That ain't news!

June 21 2010 at 8:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ann

Great news...for MSNBC.

June 21 2010 at 7:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vicvod

Actors and politics? What a joke!

June 21 2010 at 7:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cheryl

I'm estactic they are finally giving Lawrence O'Donnell his own show. Having him in the weekday line up is somthing I'm looking forward to! Pat Buchanan gets on my nerves he can make sense at times but other time he's in outter space with the lunatic fringe with his viewpoints.

June 21 2010 at 6:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply