October 22, 2014

TLC Renews 'Little People, Big World' for Season 6

by Rich Keller, posted Jun 15th 2010 9:40AM
'Little People, Big World' has been renewed for a sixth seasonHot off their season finale, Cynopsis is reporting that TLC has renewed 'Little People, Big World' for a sixth season. This, despite rampant Internet rumors that father Matt Roloff suffered a heart attack or died.

Originally a series of specials on TLC, 'Little People' focuses on little people Matt and Amy Roloff and their four children -- three normal-sized and one little person. Over the last five seasons the show has dealt with issues the couple had living in a world of bigger people, as well as the daily operations of Matt's various projects, including maintenance of Roloff Farms. It has also focused on the Roloff children, as they have grown up and moved on to high school and college.

This season took viewers on a trip to Europe with twins Jeremy and Zach, to the 2009 World Dwarf Games and to the farm's annual pumpkin season, which has grown in popularity and size since the show began.

The last moments of the season finale showed a seemingly weak Matt lying on the ground; hence, the reason for the heart attack and death rumors. Those rumors have since been dashed with corrections by sites who first reported the medical issues, as well as updates from Matt himself on his Facebook profile.

Production on 'Little People, Big World's' next season is underway. New episodes are slated to debut September 6.

Marianne Robinson

I'm so happy little people are coming back I love the whole family. Thw nwxt best thing is Kate Gosslin os finally being cancelled. She is the most nasty person She was so bad to Jon & he got blammed foe everything, She was the bitch Thanks TLC for getting rid of her

August 22 2011 at 9:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erlinda Bongco

My husband and myself never missed the show, we are so dedicated to the Roloff Family. We love Jeremy and specially Molly who is so smart and beautiful. You can see how Matt trusted and depend on Jeremy's all the time, he is like Matt in every way. Very happy to hear that TLC renewed the show, we can hardly wait on September 2010. Best of luck to Roloff family.

June 16 2010 at 7:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pat Clark

Ooh, I can't even watch the ads for this show. Who cares about these people anyway?

June 16 2010 at 8:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carla

A show that provides so much money and many material things and perks is changing this family.. These are the exact same things that changed Jon and Kate Plus 8 ..And ultimately their downfall .

June 16 2010 at 5:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

I got sick of this loony family LONG ago. He is an a$$hole, and she is an enabler to her lazy kids

June 16 2010 at 4:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jason

The problem with these shows are, they don't know when to end them. This show used to be about how little people live, in the real world. TLC pays for and stages everything!! It's now about how rich midgets spend money. The kids are what, 20 now?? Grow up and move out of Disney Land. Get jobs and move on. Same thing with Kate. How old are the kids now? They're not cute anymore. I know you need the money, but it has to end sometime. Both of these shows are like a guest that just won't leave, after you turned off the lights!!! Your 15 minutes were up years ago.

June 16 2010 at 2:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shirley

Amy Rohloff is a better role model than Kate G. At least she doesn't degrade Matt when he pulls his "Amy isn't home so see what I can pull on her", routine. The kids are typical, messy kids. They are given a great deal of freedom. You can't expect Amy to do it all. She and Matt are now on different pages. I for one will continue to watch. There for the Grace of God go I. sal

June 16 2010 at 1:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GKM

My problem with the show is about MATT. Bossy and extravagant to the point of seemingly keeping the family bankrupt. A simple remodel wasn't enough; he had to add and add to it to the point that it was ridiculous. Amy didn't want all that. None of them NEEDED all of that. Jeremy and Zach are lazy and shiftless and don't wan tto do anything but be with friends and goof around. They have never been the draw of the show to me. I enjoy Amy and the daughter whose name escapes me (embarrassed) at the moment. I also like Jacob. I think Amy has knocked herself out trying to get those boys to be responsible. And what chance does she have to keep that gigantic house clean with no one helping her except the daughter? The daughter is much more mature than those lazy boys. I admire Amy all the way to my toes! Matt, quit being so damned demanding and bossy to everyone from your family to those who are doing you favors. You're not the boss of the world. And for God's sake, QUIT SPENDING!!

June 16 2010 at 1:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike wallace

these people NEED 2 CLEAN THEIR HOUSE! It should be called "little people big mess"

June 16 2010 at 12:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply