October 25, 2014

ABC Drops 'Happy Town' (Again)

by Andrew Scott, posted Jun 18th 2010 1:20PM
Happy TownMore sad news for 'Happy Town': The Live Feed is reporting ABC has yanked the low-rated midseason drama from its summer schedule, and will now burn off its final two episodes on a Saturday night in July.

According to the report, 'Happy Town' was averaging just 2.2 million viewers on Wednesday nights.

Next week, it will be replaced by the Jimmy Kimmel special 'Twilight Saga: Total Eclipse Of the Heart,' according to TV by the Numbers.

'Happy Town,' which was first pulled by ABC in May, premiered on Apr. 28 to dismal ratings, averaging just 5.2 million viewers and a 1.7 rating among adults 18-49. The following episode dipped to a 1.2 rating in the coveted demo, marking a 29 percent decrease.

Meghan

Was SO excited that a new 'episodic' was on instead of the stupid reality shows!! Thought the actors were all good, and the first episode was GREAT! But then the gore creeped in, the finger in the bread too much!..And it was kind of slow moving, and taking too long to let us know what it really was going to be about. The new young girl in town to me was not necessary..I liked the main idea about the old kidnapppings and trying to solve them. I could not get what she was there for and felt her story line was too distracting from what I thought the main plot was. LOVED the first scene though where the overly 'happy' woman gives her a mini tour of the town on the way to the place she is staying at. LOVED the bread factory looming over the whole town..that was great. LOVE Sam Neil..hope he is on something else soon! Thought it might make a better mini series..Sad that they wont give these new shows a chance anymore. I think this is a very creative talented team, though..didn't they also do 'Life On Mars'? which I felt was one of the best shows on T.V. ever and I really missed it when it was over. .I hope they have more things up their sleeves. But NOT quite so gory as Happy Town.

July 30 2010 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
leslie espinosa

I liked the show,and I saw where the last two episodes would show up on a sat. night in july.who knows, it might happen.

July 20 2010 at 12:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AOL SUCKS

why would anybody watch that asshole jimmy queer he is a no talent hack

July 06 2010 at 9:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kizmet424

no what ABC, You suck. I wont be watching any of your "new" fall shows. Why should I? You'll just cancel them after a couple of episodes. I did watch the "The Gates" premier, this was before I found out you canceled Happy Town, and it's stupid.

June 24 2010 at 11:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kat

I just wish they would have just ended it as it was scheduled instead of pushing the last two episodes off to sometime in the unknown future. If you are going to cancel it just let it play out so that those of us who have been watching the show don't have to get stuck watching reruns of other shows when we just want to find out what happened

June 24 2010 at 6:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jesii

I really enjoy this show. I remember watching Harper's Island and I thought that wasn't that good. But this caught my attention big time and really disappointed with what's happening to the show. Remind me never to get invested in a show before it has at least 1 full season with ABC. I don't want to go through this again..

June 19 2010 at 4:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
causeIsaidso

I was going to watch it but since they said the series was going to be cancelled right after the pilot, I stopped after the first one. I've been burned one too many times by abc with new series I liked and they didn't support...pushing daisies, the travelers, eli stone, invasion... etc etc etc they need to get rid of the reality crap and commit to a show for longer than a mini series length season to let the shows grow. and once they put a show in a time slot, leave it alone. There is too much competition to do business that way now.

June 18 2010 at 8:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mari

And this crap replaced Ugly Betty. They get rid of good shows for shit shows. I'm glad it got cancelled, karma....

June 18 2010 at 7:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david mcdonald

ABC isn't going to get any viewers if they keep canceling shows nobody is going to start watching anything just to have it canceled two or three weeks in .

June 18 2010 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rob c

bring back flash foward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 18 2010 at 6:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply